Trail boss garage parking

I have a crew cab short bed trail boss and I just recently found out it’s longer than my previous sierra Denali.  I tried to park in the garage due to a hail storm coming and noticed it’s about 4 or so inches too long.  Anyone with this same setup having issues as well?  I have an older home with a 2 car garage and I’m looking at moving.  Are more modern homes built with bigger garages?  

Like they said above, there really is no standard dimensions. My house was built in 1982 and I was able to fit my 2015 F250 crew cab 6.8ft bed in there with room to spare. Buddy of mine's house was built in early 2000's and he can hardly even fit the minivan in there. 

8 hours ago, Ranger522vx said:

I have a crew cab short bed trail boss and I just recently found out it’s longer than my previous sierra Denali.  I tried to park in the garage due to a hail storm coming and noticed it’s about 4 or so inches too long.  Anyone with this same setup having issues as well?  I have an older home with a 2 car garage and I’m looking at moving.  Are more modern homes built with bigger garages?  

Ditto for my RST and with newer homes only difference is that many newer ones have higher 5 panel high entry doors as opposed to lower 4 panel height.

My 10 yo home uses a dual side loader which has reversed LxW dimensions for the model so not deep enough and the separate loaded with crap single  not wide enough for entry without manually folding mirrors each time and that ain't gonna happen.

And.....No stinking hail gonna bother me..........whenever any of those mountain weather, golf ball size hail storms is a commin' moving blankets placed on top of all vehicle hoods and any roof/trunks. Better to look like an idiot when covering them than later looking like an idiot crying over babies' new dimples.

I'm in the process of relocating. You better believe I carry around a Hilti laser range meter to measure every garage. I have a short bed, but the added difficulty to park my truck inside with the plow on it in winter. Luckily we found a 25' deep garage and we are moving in before snow season.

For the truck alone, I pretty much need a 20' deep garage, and that is just to park it, I can't even walk around the truck. Last winter sucked trying to cram it in and still leave room for the wife's car. My truck has been outside all summer. Can't wait to get it covered again.

• Like 1

Looking to move just because of this issue? Or you rather move and this was the final straw?

Look into expanding garage out back vs moving. Cost savings can be huge, unless you are downgrading.

Or... park outside :)

my 2015 leveled crew cab with 6.5 bed fit in my garage. house was built in 87...but i never actually kept it in there. the two car garage i have is quite large. if i ever move i need more bays or a separate detached building. right now i have my duck boat and an old car parked in the garage. me and the wife's cars are parked outside in the driveway. i agree with other posts that u need to measure specifically to ur needs. my neighbors house is almost identical to mine except my garage door in in the front of the house where as his is accessed from the side. the difference makes his garage smaller even though our house are the same. 

I feel your pain. My house is 2014 build and has a 3 car garage. However it is 19'. I didn't think it would fit until we had a hail storm. I managed to squeeze it in the double bay sideways and close the door. I almost bought a Colorado for that reason but the Trail Boss spoke to me. 

6 minutes ago, TBHiker said:

I feel your pain. My house is 2014 build and has a 3 car garage. However it is 19'. I didn't think it would fit until we had a hail storm. I managed to squeeze it in the double bay sideways and close the door. I almost bought a Colorado for that reason but the Trail Boss spoke to me. 

Same here. During my test drive I told my salesman that I needed to take the truck home to make sure it fits in the garage. They gave me the keys and told me to bring it back in an hour. 

I have a super short garage, it will barely (and I mean barely) fit the truck.  My garage is just over 19' deep by under 19' wide.  It is really lame and smaller than standard size.  My neighbors garage is larger, and it is due to the layout of my house.  

Edited by NeverCold

Newer houses seem to have smaller garages in general. My house was built in 2007 and has an attached 20' x 22' garage that has an actual inside length of 19'3". When my father in law pulled his truck into my garage, the back end was hanging out. Consequently, all my neighbours park their trucks on their driveways and I'm resigned to having to do that too. 

My parents in law's house was built in the 80s and their attached garage is big enough that you can walk around the back end of the truck with the door closed (and the front end against the wall).

My parents' house was built in the 50s and their detached garage is even bigger but my dad has lots of junk in there and he's never owned a full size vehicle. 

My parents had a huge garage in their last house. My dad could put his 18' boat (plus trailer) lengthwise across the back all winter and still have room to park his 1984 S10 Blazer and my mom's car in front of it.