2019 GMC Sierra SLT vs 2019 Silverado RST

Hey everyone, new to the forums. Looking at buying a new 2019 Silverado RST in black with the gloss black 22s or a 2019 Sierra SLT (undecided on color) with the same wheels. GMC obviously looks nicer with the chrome accents but is it really worth the extra thousands of dollars? I already understand the LTZ and SLT would be more similar than RST vs SLT. The hundred way folding Tailgate doesn’t matter to me, but I want heated leather. My main question, who has what and what were the selling points for you? Currently have a 2012 GMC Sierra SLT. Thanks in advance.

The Sierra Elevation would be a closer comparison to the RST.

When it boils down. Are you willing to pay more for added creature comforts on the SLT?

Doing a Katskin interior would be a lot cheaper then the up charge for an SLT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slt you get power fold mirrors, power passenger seat etc which are nice addons. My father bought an RST then traded it for a LTZ because he missed those features.

Katzkin is great and cheap, but you won’t get cooled seats or power passenger, if that matters to you.

It should be what is worth it to you? What do you like and what do you want, not what some others say on the internet. Have you tried going on to each companies website and building each truck and seeing what each one is missing? Then you can compare what you like and what is important to you and make an informed decision. 

Tyler

I almost went LTZ but I found I could get a fully loaded LT 5.3L Z71 much cheaper. It has the Leather seat upgrade and also the safety package 1 which includes blind spot monitoring and front and rear parking sensors with cross traffic alert. Task lighting came with the package as well as the spray in bed liner and rear power window. I also like the amount of chrome on the LT, there is a little too much on the LTZ in my opinion.

The only things my LT doesn’t have are cooled seats, lane keep assist, 360 deg camera view, Bose sound, and wireless charging pad. It doesn’t have factory navigation but since I have the IOS radio I can upgrade it later for about $500. 

These options on an LTZ would have cost thousands more. The MSRP on my LT was $53K. Got it for $41K during the April truck month with all the incentives that were offered at the time. Being it’s the year end of the 2019 models, you could probably get a similar deal.

Edited by Z06JPB

You can get heated leather in an RST. Heck, you can get heated leather in an LT if you don't mind a bench seat. In my opinion, the RST is one of the best looking T1s (along with the Trail Bosses, AT4 and Elevation). Also note that, while the Elevation is fairly similar to the RST, there's no way to get leather in it. But you have to go GM to get the 5.3/10 speed combo (among the trims you're interested in, anyway).

• Like 1

When I first went looking at trucks, the RST was on the top of my shopping list, then when I actually looked at and drove one I realized just how many options they're missing. I really liked the looks of the RST and still do, but I ended up with a Sierra SLT Premium Plus. I also looked at an LTZ Silverado, but with the rebates, the GMC was actually cheaper. YMMV.

• Like 1

I wanted the 6.2, cooled seats, tech pkg and safety 2 (or whatever it's called, auto braking, etc.).  This was in December 2019. The cheapest way to get that was an LTZ.  I suppose if the GMC were priced the same I would have gone that route but I could not find one w/o black seats.  I live in SC where it is constantly hot so cooled seats and non-black seats are a must.  

Note that on the SLT you cannot get the tech pkg.  I likely would have gone that route had it been available, all else being equal with the LTZ.  The fancy tailgate was a non-factor to me.

Edited by cltsig

On 10/8/2019 at 6:32 PM, jlong1984 said:

When I first went looking at trucks, the RST was on the top of my shopping list, then when I actually looked at and drove one I realized just how many options they're missing. I really liked the looks of the RST and still do, but I ended up with a Sierra SLT Premium Plus. I also looked at an LTZ Silverado, but with the rebates, the GMC was actually cheaper. YMMV.

Which features were you looking for that the RST didn't have? I'm leaning towards one of those (or an Elevation) but I haven't sat down and done my full research on what's in or out of each trim yet. 

On 10/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Which features were you looking for that the RST didn't have? I'm leaning towards one of those (or an Elevation) but I haven't sat down and done my full research on what's in or out of each trim yet. 

Power passenger seat, power folding mirrors, ventilated seats, memory seats, auto-dimming rear view mirror, illuminated visors. These are all things you can't get on an RST. There's a few of those I could have done without if the price differential was large enough, but the power passenger seat and auto-dimming mirror were the two big ones. They just made the truck feel incredibly cheap to me. 

• Like 1

I also agree that the RST and Elevation are more closely related.

I was looking at both but was more focused on the RST as it was priced lower overall.  Both great looking trucks!

Ended up with a ‘19 Elevation as it was a great deal being a manager’s demo.