Fluid pump help

I bought a gallon of Dexron VI from amazon because of price. Was going to do my transfer case and noticed the gallon pump I have is too small for it. The jig has a huge lid! Anyone know a pump that works on these?

I bought a gallon of Dexron VI from amazon because of price. Was going to do my transfer case and noticed the gallon pump I have is too small for it. The jig has a huge lid! Anyone know a pump that works on these?

$10 -$20 Walmart, depending where you buy it at, it’s called a “fluid transfer pump”, use it with any size container.

8fe802c3760537eac4231c8be7ed1a9f.jpg

Sent from Above
  • Like 2

I got this pump for doing diffs & transfer case:

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-litre-bottle-pump/A-p8629826e

Works ok, just needs a lot of pumps to get the job done when doing a complete fill.

If you do get something like the pump in the previous post, be careful that the hose going into the transfer case is significantly smaller than the fill hole in the TC.  Awhile ago (before I bought the pump at the top of this post), I used another hand pump similar to the on in the previous post, and the hose was just a little smaller than the fill hole (but it went in/out easily enough, didn't seem to be a problem), but it was close enough in size that the fluid couldn't readily come out (a little would come out all the time because the hose was horizontal, so some would run back down the hose as I pumped fluid in).  Pumped in a bunch, more than it should need, with the same small dribble of fluid out all the time, finally pull the hose out and fluid just starts pouring out.  And those hoses tend to be really stiff, so it's easy to either tip the oil bottle over or for the hose to come out of the fill hole...

• Like 1

As stated above the fluid transfer pump  shown works well.  

I got my dexron VI in qts so my pump fit my containers but now that AMSOIL came out with the squeeze packs that is the bee's knee's.  No mess for sure. 

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 1

My experience with the little hand pump(the yellow one posted), works great until you start working with warm or hot fluids. The tube collapse on its self with warm fluid, any other time it works like a champ. 
[/

I’ve personally never used it with warm or hot fluids, no need to for the transfer case, instead I first unscrew the drain plug, drain my transfer case, allowing it to fully drain while it’s still warm and then I use it to pump in the new fluids directly from the Amsoil transmission fluid bottles. I wouldn’t use any plastic type pump with pressure clamp on connections on any fluid close to being hot, that’s a disaster in the making.

Sent from Above

IMHO, for the sole purpose of maintenance, the squeeze bottles Amsoil has for the diffs are extremely easy to use which means everyone would maintain their diffs more frequently, that’s proactive.

Sent from Above