2019 AT4 with 6.2 Deal or No Deal

I checked out a 6.2L AT4 in satin steel metallic today. It has all the bells and whistles but doesn’t have the Duratrac tires on it. I got offered 23,000 for my 2015 CC Z71 Silverado with 81,000 miles . MSRP on the AT4 is 65,320. He priced the truck at 61,119. I got the deal down to 37,311 OTD, taxes included. I didn’t pull the trigger. The dealer is supposedly holding it over the weekend. I’m not sure this is a great deal, and I wanted some opinions on it. Thanks in advance.

Edited by M R Trucks

Im from Canada so deals may be different up here. But that seems like a horrible deal.

We are getting offered 20-25% off msrp. 

I just purchased a 2019 slt msrp 71,700 Cnd. For 55,000 plus 31,000 for my trade 2014 sierra crew cab 124,000km. 

$71,000 - 22.xx% 

55,000 price 

- 31,000 trade (2014 sierra) 

24,000+ provincial tax otd 

read the "what did you pay thread" as most are in the states.

also check out Laura gmc as they are a high volume dealer and give the best deals. Will show you the best deal possible. Their advertised prices are usually the best you will get at the time.

Edited by brendon444
  • Like 1

I have that exact truck with the performance package.  My trucks sticker was $67400ish and I got $8400 off sticker.  I had to drive to New Jersey to purchase it (4 hour drive), but it was exactly what I wanted and the performance package was icing on the cake.  I think that deal is pretty good, but i think you can still work them a little lower on the AT4.   One thing you didn't mention is if it's a '19 or '20?  The satin steel is amazing and I get so many compliments.  I added the Truxedo ProX15 tonneau cover today along with the rear under seat storage unit.  If YOU feel good about the deal, pull the trigger.  You won't regret this truck. 

1 hour ago, paulny said:

I have that exact truck with the performance package.  My trucks sticker was $67400ish and I got $8400 off sticker.  I had to drive to New Jersey to purchase it (4 hour drive), but it was exactly what I wanted and the performance package was icing on the cake.  I think that deal is pretty good, but i think you can still work them a little lower on the AT4.   One thing you didn't mention is if it's a '19 or '20?  The satin steel is amazing and I get so many compliments.  I added the Truxedo ProX15 tonneau cover today along with the rear under seat storage unit.  If YOU feel good about the deal, pull the trigger.  You won't regret this truck. 

Thanks for the reply paulny the one I’m looking at is a 2019.

9 minutes ago, M R Trucks said:

Then you should definately be able to do a little better.  But, the satin steel with 6.2 is hard to find, so if the deal is close to your liking, I would pull the trigger.  Good luck and hope you're a member of the satin steel club soon!

• Thanks 1

Doesn’t really smack me as a great deal given the time of the year. I know the AT4 is a hot commodity...but if I got a higher percentage off on my truck back in January (when they were new and 18s were still clogging the lots), I’d say they could do better or you could do better.

That is not a good deal on a '19 AT4 especially at this time of the year as @OnTheReel has pointed out. I purchased mine end of July for $54k with MSRP of little less than $66k, i didn't have a trade-in. You should be able to get at least $10k off. One mistake people tend to make (not directed towards you) is coupling the trade-in price with the new truck price. You should negotiate these 2 separately. Another mistake people make is not appraising their vehicle before taking it to the dealership (again, also not directed towards you). If you haven't already, you should take your truck to Carmax or whatever is in your state and have them give you an appraisal which you can then use to negotiate. Even with the tax trade-in benefit, you can come out ahead. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, M R Trucks said:

if it’s a ‘19 you are way over paying. My dealership had that exact same truck 64k sticker and they were discounting them 12-14k last April. Unless you need the truck right this second just be patient. I would have bought one in the spring but I didn’t want to pay 50-52k for my “forever truck” without the adaptive cruise. As soon as the deals hit again I’ll be out of my ‘18 and into an AT4. I’m in no hurry. It’ll be interesting to see if they’ll do those same deals this springtime again or if I’ll have to wait another few years. Either way I’m fine with it. 

ETA: Just checked my local dealer and they have a fully loaded blue AT4 ‘19 for 11k off. It’s not the same color so it’s not a direct apples to apples but my point is you can so much better. 

ETA x2 Just checked their ‘20s and the fully loaded AT4s are 7.5k off. 

ETA x3 Checked another dealer about 4 hours away from me and they have their ‘20 AT4s 10k off right now. 

Edited by spizike9

Thanks guys, I didn’t handle the trade-in deal correctly. I haven’t traded in a truck before.  I’m going to wait and try to get a better deal either at another dealership or in a couple of months.

Have to agree with the crowd here, doesn’t look like a smoking deal whatsoever.  I’m in Canada as well, I picked up a “ new “ leftover 2018 Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 6.2 and have no regrets whatsoever.  They did 25% off msrp without any haggling and then gave me fair trade in on my Corolla.  Shop around as it’s coming to year end;    not sure if they have Black Friday events in the USA at car dealerships, but my friend picked up a Silverado late November last year fir a great price.  Good luck... 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, M R Trucks said:

I checked out a 6.2L AT4 in satin steel metallic today. It has all the bells and whistles but doesn’t have the Duratrac tires on it. I got offered 23,000 for my 2015 CC Z71 Silverado with 81,000 miles . MSRP on the AT4 is 65,320. He priced the truck at 61,119. I got the deal down to 37,311 OTD, taxes included. I didn’t pull the trigger. The dealer is supposedly holding it over the weekend. I’m not sure this is a great deal, and I wanted some opinions on it. Thanks in advance.

You can do better. I got my 2019 AT4, Steel Gray, MSRP $65,385 for $56,200 on Sept 30. Where do you live?

41 minutes ago, WillGabriel said:

You can do better. I got my 2019 AT4, Steel Gray, MSRP $65,385 for $56,200 on Sept 30. Where do you live?

Mississippi, they would deal on the SLT’s, but wouldn’t budge much on the AT4 , and I want an AT4.

35 minutes ago, M R Trucks said:

Mississippi, they would deal on the SLT’s, but wouldn’t budge much on the AT4 , and I want an AT4.

I see. If you’re willing to drive a little, Laura GMC near St Louis is the nation’s volume leader in Sierra sales. They have very good prices on both 2019 and 2020 AT4’s. And their doc fee is only $189.