Tow Mirrors on a 1500

Has anyone added tow mirrors to their 1/2 ton? If so, post up a photo...

I find the stock mirrors on my '18 Sierra a bit too small for towing duty. 

I was looking at these:

https://www.americantrucks.com/opr-manual-foldaway-telescopic-towing-mirror-textured-black-1418-sierra-1500-gmc.html

If you have the power folding mirrors look for OEM takeoffs from other GM trucks.

Look on Facebook marketplace and CraigsList. I found OEM power fold mirrors for my brother. he just installed them for total $270. One was $100, other was $170.

You can find deals, if you dont want power fold, they are even cheaper so go OEM GM vs aftermarket. I just looked on FB for Colorado and there are quite few sets for sale, cheap!

As far as looks, i was about to do it to mine untill i saw a stock 1500 with them on and it looked weird and out of proportion so im not doing it.

Edited by Ozer

I added the power folding heated towing mirrors (rpo DQS) to my 2017 Sierra Denali.  Not even an option on the Denali. I had a dealer install them, cost was $1500.  I tow a 7x14 enclosed trailer and it was hard to see vehicles behind me with the stock mirrors, expecially motorcycles.  What triggered me to install them was a bunch of bikers were riding my a$$ in heavy traffic and I was having a hard time seeing them.  These 1/2 doz were aholes in the nth degree as everyone flipped me off as the sped past me. I was doing the speed limits but these aholes were very reckless.  Several had headlights so bright they would blind you in daylight.  I got the last laugh as about 10 miles up Hyw 41 the state police had 2 of them pulled over.  btw, all were hd's with loud pipes.

Edited by elcamino

11 hours ago, elcamino said:

I added the power folding heated towing mirrors (rpo DQS) to my 2017 Sierra Denali.  Not even an option on the Denali. I had a dealer install them, cost was $1500.  I tow a 7x14 enclosed trailer and it was hard to see vehicles behind me with the stock mirrors, expecially motorcycles.  What triggered me to install them was a bunch of bikers were riding my a$$ in heavy traffic and I was having a hard time seeing them.  These 1/2 doz were aholes in the nth degree as everyone flipped me off as the sped past me. I was doing the speed limits but these aholes were very reckless.  Several had headlights so bright they would blind you in daylight.  I got the last laugh as about 10 miles up Hyw 41 the state police had 2 of them pulled over.  btw, all were hd's with loud pipes.

I like the look and function of tow mirrors, however they do little to prevent such unfortunate incidents.  A**holes will always be out there but you'll see them better with larger mirrors!  (People like these do not represent the majority of us Harley owners.)  It was knowing that I couldn't see a motorcycle behind my 7' wide travel trailer that prompted me to install a wireless camera setup.  I also installed one on my front bumper.  There is no chance of a motorcycle or car hiding behind me.  The additional bonus is all activities in view of my cameras are being recorded should the unexpected happen!

11 hours ago, J-man67 said:

My dad just added Tows to his 18. My 15 came with them as it's a max tow. 1f9187929f16d3dfbbf101c6cf6c0012.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The shadows tugged at my heart.  Great picture.  Enjoy every moment with your Dad.