OnStar MyGMC

19 minutes ago, cbacarisse said:

Do you guys/gals keep your OnStar subscription?

I'm on the fence. I don;t care about the internet, but some of the other features are kinda nice.

I kept the Key Fob app on my phone, $15.00 a month.  I have the Hotspot for $15.00 a month unlimited data but AT&T is so slow, I am stopping that too.  The Key Fob app use to be free but now they charge for it.  I like it.

I only kept the Remote Commands / Key Fob plan on mine. It's $14/mo, I think. 

I redeemed a bunch of GM points to get 6 months free just to see how much I would use it. I use it all the time doing remote starts when my truck is way out of range for my key fob, so I am paying monthly to keep it. 

Also, it keeps track of your truck's location, too. 

The rest of the OnStar stuff... meh. No use for it. I can hotspot LTE off my AT&T iPhone for free, so why add that to the truck? YMMV. 

I had enough points to trade the points for 6 months of Onstar and mobile app service for free.  I will keep them both after for whatever charge it is per month.  I like having them both a lot, and all I have to do to balance the cost is cut down on my Starbucks.

I kept the unlimited data for $15 a month and downgraded my cell phone plan which turned out to be $14 a month savings. Figured having wifi in the truck for the same price was worth it. Paid off already when in spotty service in the back country and needed to make an emergency call, ATT had slightly better service than verizon. Its nice having two carriers for that reason i suppose.