Most Miles on a Tank

Just curious what the most miles anyone has gotten out of a tank.  I've had my 19' 5.3 for a little over a month and have gotten ~430, with enough in the tank to possibly hit 500.  I would think with the right trip/conditions, 550 would be possible.  Any 600 unicorns?

I was amazed.  After about 400 miles of cruise control at 71, the miles to empty kept climbing.  It got to 702 but my need for food and a bathroom only let me go to 625.    Best mpg on that trip was 32.8, average was about 30.4. 

20 minutes ago, mwbutcher said:

I'll bet something smaller.  Never heard of 32 mph in a v8 at 71 mph.  Dosen't seem possible at all on a 5.3L.

I had a 25 mile average of 34.5mpg on my 5.3...  but that was almost exclusively a solid downhill run...... :)

• Like 1

Wow impressive numbers. I average 21-22 on freeway but 17-18 overall it seems here in congested Bay Area.
The best average I posted was 25mpg on my 1,300 mile road trip back from when I bought the truck. Lots of straighter roads, cruising, no traffic. I have no clue how some people are getting 30mpg. Mind you I do have a trail boss so more aggressive tires and sits taller??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went 486 with 97 remaining.

Am so very pleased with this T1

P.S. Here as of late I'm averaging 22.5 and 23.5 mpg on 2 lane mountain county roads. 

5.3L with 18" tires.

Edited by MacLaren

43 minutes ago, 175vTrailbossLT said:

Wow impressive numbers. I average 21-22 on freeway but 17-18 overall it seems here in congested Bay Area.
The best average I posted was 25mpg on my 1,300 mile road trip back from when I bought the truck. Lots of straighter roads, cruising, no traffic. I have no clue how some people are getting 30mpg. Mind you I do have a trail boss so more aggressive tires and sits taller??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very similar mileage experience from my 5.3 TB too.  Getting 16 in town and 22 highway.

Last weekend I hit 460 miles to the tank on our trip to the 1000islands. I made it up there from Rochester, plus all of our driving while up there for the day and back home on one tank. I would have gotten more out of her if I had cruise set lower than 78-80. 

1 hour ago, BlackRST said:

Last weekend I hit 460 miles to the tank on our trip to the 1000islands. I made it up there from Rochester, plus all of our driving while up there for the day and back home on one tank. I would have gotten more out of her if I had cruise set lower than 78-80. 

Still yet, that's pretty dang awesome!

We could never dream of that kind of range before now....

Edited by MacLaren

7 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Still yet, that's pretty dang awesome!

We could never dream of that kind of range before now....

Oh i agree! I was more than happy. Now a disclaimer, I do switch between 87 and 93 every other tank. This tank happened to be 93 for the trip. I was super happy that I didnt need to fill up at all while on the trip....in my car in years past I would be certain to have to fill up mid way. 

28 minutes ago, BlackRST said:

Oh i agree! I was more than happy. Now a disclaimer, I do switch between 87 and 93 every other tank. This tank happened to be 93 for the trip. I was super happy that I didnt need to fill up at all while on the trip....in my car in years past I would be certain to have to fill up mid way. 

That's interesting. 

All I've ran thus far is 87. I've wandered what 93 might do. And, I have got the best results with Mobil 1 and Exxon. Shell didnt fare as well.

Not sure about BP though.

Also, I want to try some super grade ethanol free gas!

• Like 1