2019 22” Bright Chrome Wheels / Tire Protection Plan

Does anyone have the 2019 22” Bright Chrome Wheels?  What is the best option to keep them clean?  Any issues or things to avoid with them?

Also, has anyone purchased the Tire & Wheel Protection plan?  I bought such a package once with a car lease in the past as there were lots of reviews indicating the run flat tires were terrible and expensive to replace.  In that instance the insurance was worth it as I used it multiple times as the tires were extremely fragile on Michigan roads/pot holes.  Back to the Sierra ... any issues/ experiences with the Tires so far?  The protection plan is $599 on a 3 yr lease.  I never had an issue with my last Sierra, and this package does not cover the chrome wheels.  It seems not to be worth it in my case.

Keep them clean with automotive soap and water.

If you had issues before with Michigan roads which are notoriously bad there is a good chance you might again as there isn't much rubber between the wheel and road on this heavy vehicle. That is up to you if you want to risk it, I am guessing it will be north of $1k to replace a single wheel and tire with that set up including install and all that goes with it.Probably best to get a clear bra on that front bumper too so they don't charge for a repaint...

Tyler

• Like 1

On a lease, I'd definitely get the protection plan.  A tight, fast-food drive thru can scuff up wheels without warning!   If this truck was a purchase, I'd sell the wheels and buy equally sharp looking 17" or 18" rims with tires that have an aspect of 70 or 65.   I have 17's and have scuffed my tires several times over the past 4 years but my rims are scratch free!  For me, a key advantage to a truck is they can withstand  rougher treatment and roads. Sometimes there is a fine line between good looks and practicality, but a truck can still look good and have some rubber on the sides of the tires, imo.

• Like 1

I love all Chemical Guy products, that is all I use.  I did buy the wheel / tire protection because Michigan roads are terrible.  No matter how careful you are, they build a new pothole every day.  Those wheels are expensive when you bend one.

• Like 2

First of all, thank you to everyone for the feedback.  I did purchase the protection plan at a negotiated price of $550 (asked for $500 and they met in the middle from the original $600).  This will repair or replace flat tires and damaged wheels that occur due to covered road hazards.  Cosmetic coverage is not available for the chrome wheels.  I guess they were losing money on it and stopped offering the coverage.

I will buy the Mr Pink and Wheel Guard Wax from Chemical Guys.  They seem to have great reviews.  This will be the only set of wheels I have year round as it is a lease.  

The clear bra isn’t a bad option, but it appears to be a little pricey.  I’ve never had to pay for damage when returning a lease, and typically don’t invest in add-ons when leasing.  I may check out a store close by that has 28 ratings all of which are 5 stars.

Thanks again!

On 10/4/2019 at 11:09 AM, gt tangerine said:

I have these wheels on my Silverado. I wash with chemical guys mr pink and use wheel guard wax. No issues with one year of driving.

I will say that I took them off for winter and I am running a set of factory 18s. Not risking damage of the finish or with winter roads. 

4D6108D6-845C-48A6-BE15-B820D7E45CD2.jpeg

Smart move  removing those wheels for the winter.  Chrome wheels and salty road conditions don’t belong in the same sentence. Keeping those wheels clean and with a good coat of wax is about the only thing you can do .  Also avoiding a curb rash  at all costs. Use Mr. pink car soap myself.  Good stuff.  Those snowflakes look beautiful on a black truck.

539C7416-52A2-48F1-8127-021B99642F93.jpeg

Is the inside of these rims chrome as well? I really like those rims but I saw a set at the dealer and the inside felt rough and not chrome. What's the difference between the plated and polished ones?

Edited by Phantom_ss13
one more question