What is a normal Guage reading?

Hello, 

I just recently purchased a 2019 Silverado 1500 with a 2.7L turbo engine. I noticed today that the oil pressure and battery gauges appear to be reading low on the instrument panel. The pic below is when I have the truck on idle. When I was driving it home earlier, the battery Guage was low and the oil pressure appeared to be the same as in the pic. What is considered a normal Guage reading? 

IMG_20191003_195046.jpg

Yeah, normal. They have a variable oil pump, so pressure will low like that at idle in operating temperature.

As far as the voltage reading, the alternator engages and disengages as needed (to save a minute amount of fuel) so some fluctuation is normal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So another related question.  I noticed on a recent loaner truck, the temp gauge is 210 like yours.  Mine has the technology package with the different gauge cluster, more digital than actual gauges.  My temp is like my old 98 K1500 around 190+/-.  Strange they would put different thermostats in these trucks as they go down the line.  Has anyone else noticed the 190+/- temp?  On my dads old 2004 Suburban it is 210.  Seems like they've set them at 210 for a while now.  Just seems odd mine is reading around 190.

GM has been doing that for a while as you can see and what most don't know is that the thermostat never changed. It's still the same 190-195 degree thermostat they have always ran.

What the analog cluster reports and what the temp sensor reports are always two different values. 210 is the new 190-195 degrees. You can verify with a handheld scan tool if you want to test that too.

The digital cluster is more likely to show what the temp sensor in the coolant is showing.

Read my diesels with aftermarket reader.  The stock gauges are there but not as accurate as you think.  

My diesels read 210 on the dash, read 185 on reader.  

I think GM does it so people are not freaking out by 30 degree coolant rises.