Love my truck...hate how we have been treated

30 minutes ago, Mountain boy said:

Sorry I call bullshit. The dealer would have come and repossessed the truck by now if this is true.

Its not the place of the dealership to repossess when we are already making payments to the lender. The lender is the one who would repossess, but the paperwork was filed with them and we are making payments. The issue is with the tags.

12 minutes ago, FiatDale said:

Yeah something doesn’t add up. If you bought out of state then it’s your responsibility to get tags in your own state, not the dealerships.

We financed the TT&L in with truck. They charged us for it, but now say they havent charged enough and we owe them $1600 more before they can give us the permanent tags. The revenue office says they have no record of the vehicle in their system. Damn straight something doesnt add up!!!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ct_corey said:

CALL GM. Simple as that.

I'm thinking this is a dealer/ customer issue, GM likely won't be able to do anything as his truck is probably not even showing him as owning it. I know one thing i would want to just give the truck back at this point if possible and find another dealer.

42 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

I'm thinking this is a dealer/ customer issue, GM likely won't be able to do anything as his truck is probably not even showing him as owning it. I know one thing i would want to just give the truck back at this point if possible and find another dealer.

The person said they have already made a payment on it. If that's so GM corporate will most likely reach out to the dealer. 

Some states have different registration fees. It could be that simple. The dealer could have miscalculated their home registration fees. Who’s responsible? Maybe someone could shed light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have bought my last three trucks from out of state dealers, I live in AR also and the only issue I've every had was one of the finance guys asked me if I would register his truck because our fees are so low!!!!  All the dealer had to do was contact the Department of Revenue and they will ask where you live if it is a city or county and they can tell the dealer how much the tax, title, ect will be.  Sounds like to me the dealership got lazy and now have got caught either by the state telling them they didn't send enough money to cover the cost.  Also the state will send the tags to you not the dealer, the tag does not belong to the dealer because they paid for it, you paid for it and they just sent in the paperwork!!!  :jester::

Edited by doverarjim

Sounds like the dealership misfigured the Arkansas tax. Arkansas makes you pay taxes on the extended warranty if you buy one plus you pay tax on any dealer rebates. Many states don’t. Last vehicle I bought in Texas, I tried to tell them how to figure the tax since they make you pay taxes at dealership at time of deal. Of course they still screwed it up and I had to pay the extra amt when I got the tags. They didn’t do anything shady, just got the taxes wrong. 

9 hours ago, cheyenne383 said:

I'd give them the truck back, this has scam written all over it.... and would certainly keep this in mind when service is due/needed.

If they did mess up on the paperwork it's already signed and done... you should be able to do the math and see what is actually owed. If you signed off on what they're asking for they have legal recourse but if the math is in your favor tell them to pound sand and either give you the information for tags or take the truck back and head to one of the thousands of other dealers out there with plenty of inventory. 

Most dealers have you sign a document that says you agree to let dealer correct any error and yUp - you are responsible for any difference or refund if it works out in your favor.  Check everything you signed.  You should have a copy of it all. 

After I got the run around one time from an out of state dealer about my tag/tax, I now always insistently do it myself. They try to argue about it and say they have to do it ....... because they don't get to add their fee for doing it for me but I won't purchase the vehicle otherwise. 

So they probably have the paperwork / title to file for your tag but are holding it hostage until they get the extra they want. I would also do like mwbutcher said and check your copy of the signed agreement for them to do it, then do the math on what would be owed. If it says on your contract that you paid X amount for TTL but their math was bad and X more is needed to pay it, and you singed something saying you are responsible for the difference, you may not have another option. Even if they got you for 3k more than you had known about, if that 3k is not attached to the TTL money you paid, you probably don't have a leg to stand on since you signed for it.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:54 AM, mandycane31 said:

Recently bought 2019 Chevy truck and we are loving it.....unfortunately we cant drive it because our temp tags have expired and the dealership is telling us we need to give them more money before they can give us our tags!!  Has anyone had this issue?  Six weeks after buying our new truck the dealership called telling us we owe them $1600 because they figured our paperwork wrong. I told them they made the mistake and we arent paying any more. After looking over our paperwork we discovered that we paid a different price on our paperwork than they had told us they were selling us the truck for, by like $3000 more!!! Now they want us to pay more after we apparently already paid $3000 more than we were quoted to begin with! I have called the sales manager to get to the bottom of this and spoke with him one time, he said he would find out what happened and call me back. This has been two weeks ago and cant get in touch with him or get a returned phone call. In the meantime, I have been to the tax office and they told me they have no record of the trucks paperwork being filed with them by the dealership and they cant help me. So we have a new truck that we cant drive and cant get any help from anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else? Im at a loss as to what to do from here. 

We bought my wife’s car from a dealership out of state (SLC, Utah to Texas) and had the paperwork in hand before the car was shipped. The finance document shows the amount of tax paid after the dealership figured it up. They don’t register anything on your behalf if your state is different than the purchasing state. I simply took my paperwork down to the tax office and showed it to them and said I wanted to register the car. They looked at the taxes paid, saw I was short $200 and told me I had to pay it. Gave them the money and THEY gave me my tags. I think your process should be similar. Your finance paperwork will show taxes paid and the tax office will supply you with tags after YOU register in your state. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim165 said:

We bought my wife’s car from a dealership out of state (SLC, Utah to Texas) and had the paperwork in hand before the car was shipped. The finance document shows the amount of tax paid after the dealership figured it up. They don’t register anything on your behalf if your state is different than the purchasing state. I simply took my paperwork down to the tax office and showed it to them and said I wanted to register the car. They looked at the taxes paid, saw I was short $200 and told me I had to pay it. Gave them the money and THEY gave me my tags. I think your process should be similar. Your finance paperwork will show taxes paid and the tax office will supply you with tags after YOU register in your state. 

I have already gone to my revenue office and they told me that they have no record of the dealership filing the paperwork with them so they couldn't help me. 

12 minutes ago, mandycane31 said:

I have already gone to my revenue office and they told me that they have no record of the dealership filing the paperwork with them so they couldn't help me. 

So the out of state dealership absolutely has to file on your behalf in your state? In most states, you are responsible for registering your own vehicle if purchased out of state. The dealership only as to provide a temp tag. Maybe it’s different in AR. You have proof of purchase in-hand, right? I don’t see why you can’t register yourself since you have proof of tax payment on the financial forms. You may have to pay a difference if calculated wrong, but there shouldn’t be any issues.