Love my truck...hate how we have been treated

Recently bought 2019 Chevy truck and we are loving it.....unfortunately we cant drive it because our temp tags have expired and the dealership is telling us we need to give them more money before they can give us our tags!!  Has anyone had this issue?  Six weeks after buying our new truck the dealership called telling us we owe them $1600 because they figured our paperwork wrong. I told them they made the mistake and we arent paying any more. After looking over our paperwork we discovered that we paid a different price on our paperwork than they had told us they were selling us the truck for, by like $3000 more!!! Now they want us to pay more after we apparently already paid $3000 more than we were quoted to begin with! I have called the sales manager to get to the bottom of this and spoke with him one time, he said he would find out what happened and call me back. This has been two weeks ago and cant get in touch with him or get a returned phone call. In the meantime, I have been to the tax office and they told me they have no record of the trucks paperwork being filed with them by the dealership and they cant help me. So we have a new truck that we cant drive and cant get any help from anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else? Im at a loss as to what to do from here. 

I'd give them the truck back, this has scam written all over it.... and would certainly keep this in mind when service is due/needed.

If they did mess up on the paperwork it's already signed and done... you should be able to do the math and see what is actually owed. If you signed off on what they're asking for they have legal recourse but if the math is in your favor tell them to pound sand and either give you the information for tags or take the truck back and head to one of the thousands of other dealers out there with plenty of inventory. 

• Like 2

Yeah, contact corporate right away and don't give them another penny!  This is a dealer specific issue, and if the right person hears about it, it will get dealt with.

It's a GM/Chev issue. It may be worth while to discuss with a lawyer to be advised in the right direction as well.

Recently bought 2019 Chevy truck and we are loving it.....unfortunately we cant drive it because our temp tags have expired and the dealership is telling us we need to give them more money before they can give us our tags!!  Has anyone had this issue?  Six weeks after buying our new truck the dealership called telling us we owe them $1600 because they figured our paperwork wrong. I told them they made the mistake and we arent paying any more. After looking over our paperwork we discovered that we paid a different price on our paperwork than they had told us they were selling us the truck for, by like $3000 more!!! Now they want us to pay more after we apparently already paid $3000 more than we were quoted to begin with! I have called the sales manager to get to the bottom of this and spoke with him one time, he said he would find out what happened and call me back. This has been two weeks ago and cant get in touch with him or get a returned phone call. In the meantime, I have been to the tax office and they told me they have no record of the trucks paperwork being filed with them by the dealership and they cant help me. So we have a new truck that we cant drive and cant get any help from anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else? Im at a loss as to what to do from here. 

My first call would be to the lender. Second to a lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, mandycane31 said:

Welcome to the site.

Tags/plates do not come from the dealership, they are generated with the state after the dealer registers it as sold with them, then the state sends them to dealership for you to pick up.

Basically your truck is in limbo as you have found out.

Do not even think it is legally binding at this point, so you could take it back, but I would check with the lending institution to see if they have any records either, because you should have had to make, or at least your first payment is coming due.

Edited by JimCost2014

Dealership screw up. Contact a lawyer tell them what happened to find out your rights. If anything, it sounds like the plates may be there but they won’t release? They can’t do that. If they indeed did file the paperwork with the state, it’s not theirs anymore, it’s the lenders / yours.

We have already made our first payment with the lender. The revenue office said they have no record of the vehicle being registered by the dealer, therefore they can not help me. I spoke with a lawyer and she told me the contract was binding and the dealership should eat what the balance is because it was their mess up and they signed off on it. Unfortunately, my lawyer is not licensed in the state we purchased the vehicle from so she can not really get involved. 

We have already made our first payment with the lender. The revenue office said they have no record of the vehicle being registered by the dealer, therefore they can not help me. I spoke with a lawyer and she told me the contract was binding and the dealership should eat what the balance is because it was their mess up and they signed off on it. Unfortunately, my lawyer is not licensed in the state we purchased the vehicle from so she can not really get involved. 

If you’ve been billed and paid it’s a done deal.

We live in Arkansas and bought in Louisiana

Usually it’s up to the buyer to register an out of state truck, no? How about insurance? I’d get the lender involved.

It is an option, but we financed TTL in with the truck. 

12 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Usually it’s up to the buyer to register an out of state truck, no? How about insurance? I’d get the lender involved.