what a pleasant surprise

this morning i picked the wife's dry cleaning and glory hallelujah there was a hook in my Custom TB. i was pleasantly surprised since they basically took every simple convenience out of this model. it's a miracle there were seats included with the package. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, FiatDale said:

No offense but a Custom isn’t meant to have all the pleasantries... you get what you pay for

No you don't get what you pay for. $40K should get more than what a Custom TB comes with. Gator don't play no trick.  $40K should include:

- Steering Radio Buttons

- Center Console that opens

- Pockets on the back of seats

- Lights on visor mirrors

- Seats that move up and down in the front

- Seats that move, recline in the back

- More than 1 (ONE) USB port on the center console, or anywhere in the truck for that matter

- Some basic safety feature like lane keep assist

- Push Button Start/Engine Ignition

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Trail Boss 1 said:

this morning i picked the wife's dry cleaning and glory hallelujah there was a hook in my Custom TB. i was pleasantly surprised since they basically took every simple convenience out of this model. it's a miracle there were seats included with the package. :) 

Shhh...they probably made a mistake, now they're going to remove it from the 2020 models. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No you don't get what you pay for. $40K should get more than what a Custom TB comes with. Gator don't play no trick.  $40K should include:
- Steering Radio Buttons
- More than 1 (ONE) USB port on the center console, or anywhere in the truck for that matter

While I agree that spending $40k should include some things, you still purchased a base model truck. The reason it’s $40k is the same reason no vehicles are being built right now... UAW demands.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, BobbyAlton said:

- Steering Radio Buttons

You paid cheap....you got cheap.....and a $40K truck is a cheap vehicle.

At a time when a Hershey bar was 5 cents and a gallon of gas was a quarter, my dad paid $2200. for a  new '60 Chevy Impala, a cheap car in its day, the bottom feeder of the GM lineup,  with PS, PB, V8, AM tube radio, no A/C  and no nothing else.  Today a Hershey bar is $1 and gas around $3 for an inflation factor of 15 - 20 (worse if you consider gold which went for $35/oz. compared to $1500/oz today) so an Impala rightly  for $4.4K .....proportionally a $40K Silverado with base options, even including A/C, is cheap by comparison. Suckers like me who want a decent truck and load the base model with over $14K in options so GM can afford to offer a stripped price leader for the model, if not you'd have to settle for a base line Colorado or lower. Consider yourself lucky you even got a Silverado with hooks, and seats too.

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

At a time when a Hershey bar was 5 cents and a gallon of gas was a quarter, my dad paid $2200. for a  new '60 Chevy Impala, a cheap car in its day, the bottom feeder of the GM lineup,  with PS, PB, V8, AM tube radio, no A/C  and no nothing else.  Today a Hershey bar is $1 and gas around $3 for an inflation factor of 15 - 20 (worse if you consider gold which went for $35/oz. compared to $1500/oz today) so an Impala rightly  for $4.4K .....proportionally a $40K Silverado with base options, even including A/C, is cheap by comparison. Suckers like me who want a decent truck and load the base model with over $14K in options so GM can afford to offer a stripped price leader for the model, if not you'd have to settle for a base line Colorado or lower. Consider yourself lucky you even got a Silverado with hooks, and seats too.

What did you pay for your RST?  

$56,165 MSRP paid $42,000 rollout including State tax on the differential on my $32,000 trade (exceeded KBlueB excellent and what I wanted by $2K).  Good break because it was overpriced for the model.  And it too is a fairly cheap truck ..certainly no top of the line High Country or Denali truck either. But I liked the color scheme and front grille on the RST, only chrome left on the whole truck is the surround for the front bowtie.DSCN0637.JPG.d894a0db094645ed93cd5dfe7c65a5f3.JPG

• Like 2

Maybe I'm old school, but my Custom has enough modern conveniences to survive.  Crap, the steering wheel audio controls are the thing I seem to miss the most but then I just have to reach another 6 inches to adjust the stereo.  Oh the horror!  ?

$34k is what I paid and I get to drive around a killer vehicle with plenty of room vs. some Hyundai with leather seats and steering wheel controls.

IMG_1629.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2019 at 7:47 AM, Thomcat said:

Cars have pretty much kept up with inflation over the years, which is especially impressive when you account for new tech/features. However, wages haven't seen the same growth. 

On 9/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, Thomcat said:

$56,165 MSRP paid $42,000 rollout including State tax on the differential on my $32,000 trade (exceeded KBlueB excellent and what I wanted by $2K).  Good break because it was overpriced for the model.  And it too is a fairly cheap truck ..certainly no top of the line High Country or Denali truck either. But I liked the color scheme and front grille on the RST, only chrome left on the whole truck is the surround for the front bowtie.DSCN0637.JPG.d894a0db094645ed93cd5dfe7c65a5f3.JPG

I see, well I guess that makes sense.  Mine was $37.5K OTD, so price of the truck $35,500, with $500 in title and dealer processing and $1500 in sales tax.  For that I did get

-5.3V8,

-4x4  Z71

-Chrome Dual Exhaust  (the dual exhaust setup is much better IMHO, b/c of the sleek line you get much better Angle of Departure off road)

-Off Road Package with Steps, Sport Bar and Tonneau

- Electronic Tailgate

- LED Bed Lights

- Sirius XM

- Infotainment

- 2 INCH Lift Kit

- Goodyear Off Road Tires MudTrac

Looks great!

Sent from Above