stickers

wizard4878

So as I was walking up to my truck,  sun visors down,  I noticed how goofy those warning stickers on the visors look.  I peeled them off,  which was a real pain to do,  and although its better, now I'm stuck with a sticky residue where the stickers were.   Anyone have an idea of how to get that off without discoloring the visor?  I tried some fabric cleaner, but it didn't help at all.  I used "goo gone"  once before on a chair but it left a spot so I don't want to risk that.  

These guys are good and cater to Chevy and make specific designs.  Wanted a cover visor saying "Impala" and they offered back same color combo with a cool looking Impala animal logo

https://www.streamlinedesign.com/store/c11/Automotive-Graphics

8 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

These guys are good and cater to Chevy and make specific designs.  Wanted a cover visor saying "Impala" and they offered back same color combo with a cool looking Impala animal logo

https://www.streamlinedesign.com/store/c11/Automotive-Graphics

I've used these in my last 3 trucks. I even looked them up to post a link. Until I saw this.... Please note: If you have removed your warning labels, this product will not adhere to your visor's fabric. He has already removed the sticker. They may still work though.

1 hour ago, wizard4878 said:

So as I was walking up to my truck,  sun visors down,  I noticed how goofy those warning stickers on the visors look.  I peeled them off,  which was a real pain to do,  and although its better, now I'm stuck with a sticky residue where the stickers were.   Anyone have an idea of how to get that off without discoloring the visor?  I tried some fabric cleaner, but it didn't help at all.  I used "goo gone"  once before on a chair but it left a spot so I don't want to risk that.  

If you do any of the stickers above or even just trying to clean the sticky stuff off. I suggest removing the visor from the truck and laying it on something flat. That's how I installed the stickers on mine. Only takes a few minutes and much easier to work on.

The original stickers are not just placed on with self stick adhesive, but are heat welded the label onto the fabric. Even if 100% removed there will always be a shadow where the heat "flattened" the polymer fabric fibers. So don't even bother trying to remove the original label, too much time and effort and the even if done will still require a cover label to hide the shadow, which looks just as bad, maybe worse, than the original label.

And shouldn't affect trade-in either. I've been using these on all vehicles traded since '00 and never even had a mention during trade-in.

I never knew these existed - I'm definitely interested. Does anyone have pictures? I'm interested in knowing how visible the sticker is or if it just blends in. It has to look better than the ugly warning label. 

Thanks

16 hours ago, Cokerush said:

I never knew these existed - I'm definitely interested. Does anyone have pictures? I'm interested in knowing how visible the sticker is or if it just blends in. It has to look better than the ugly warning label. 

Thanks

Here are the ones I have installed on my 2016. They are from the streamline design site above about 3 years ago. The size of the sticker for my 14 and 16 were the same. I've not seen a 19 to see it that has changed or not. This is the plain brushed metal version.

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

From Streamlinedesign.  My '16 black on grey (one line) used the long version and had the offiicial Silverado script logo.

My '19s black on grey (2 lines) shown in attached photos.

DSCN0661.JPG

DSCN0659.JPG