whoops

laqualo

7 minutes ago, Dpach said:

Maybe I am old, maybe I am not. You don't know, quit being a smart ass. But 'loaded' means every available option and the top priced options like I listed (full length wheel to wheel boards versus shorter boards, etc). But so many people consider anything with leather to be 'loaded', and it's nowhere close.

Side steps are an accessory. 

Also, it was a joke. Take a deep breath. ?

6 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Side steps are an accessory. 

Also, it was a joke. Take a deep breath. ?

Too many of these forums become a pissing contest with nothing but banter; whereas OP's usually post for a reason; to get help or answers, not half-baked comments since they don't help.

I get that it was a joke and you likely meant nothing by it but fun ribbing. But I am in the GM business of automobiles and just find it annoying when people make mass assumptions or make personal preference/belief comments/jokes on a forum where someone is asking for clarification or assistance.  

Example: tell a 29 year old X-hockey player with two children and a wife, with nerve damage in his legs that he doesn't need steps to get into his truck because it's an old person's option.

Sorry if I came off as grumpy; but after all, I am old"er".  ?

On 9/23/2019 at 11:57 AM, laqualo said:

Thought i had a full load RST Z71 5.3  but just realized i have no parking sensors or lane guidance . Damn 

back update

still hurts . Just not as bad . 

Lane guidance is a waste.  I have it on two vehicles.  But the parking sensors are very useful, especially the front ones.  They have gotten me out a few spots, especially when I go to the city and wind up having to parallel parks.  The back ones aren't needed as much with the backup camera.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:53 AM, mwbutcher said:

I'd never pay for Nav again.  Just traded in a 2017 Yukon SLT Premier that had everything but the kitchen sink and the useless Nav that you get charges big $$ for the useless updates. Android or Apple app on these trucks is perfect, just perfect - could have saved some $$$$ buying one without.  In my next post,  I'll work up to trying to be able to share my true feelings about the GM navigation LOL. 

The GM nav system is total crap.  My new Silverado doesn't have it and I'm fine with that.  I used a Garmin with my 2016 Silverado on long trips even though it had factory nav.  Using Apple CarPlay nav is so much better for those few times I need it.  GM should have looked at the Hyundai onboard nav.  Hyundai got it right

3 hours ago, AlaskaErik said:

Lane guidance is a waste.  I have it on two vehicles.  But the parking sensors are very useful, especially the front ones.  They have gotten me out a few spots, especially when I go to the city and wind up having to parallel parks.  The back ones aren't needed as much with the backup camera.

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, when you said lane guidance you're talking about GMC Lane Keep Assist feature in which the car correct itself if you're crossing lanes? If so why do you think it's a waste? It's something I've wanted so I'd like to know.

appreciate all the feedback . Truth is cant see myself keeping this truck , Im moving next week so it will come in handy for that but will have to bite the bullet and move on . Anyone in Calgary area that wants a basically new RST with all adds except the safety package let me know . It has full 3m , paint protection , leather guard , Cermaic coated exhaust , Tint and sitting today at 800 km . 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, ChinkySuperman said:

I'd really like the Safety II package on my LTZ, I really like that lane assist feature.

Not me. I like having Blind Spot Monitoring and the front & rear sensors, but you can keep the stupid vibrating seat and Lane Keep. :thumbs:

6 hours ago, ChinkySuperman said:

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, when you said lane guidance you're talking about GMC Lane Keep Assist feature in which the car correct itself if you're crossing lanes? If so why do you think it's a waste? It's something I've wanted so I'd like to know.

Lots of false "guidance" for one.  My wife has it on her Subaru.  One of the things that triggered it was a long skid mark on the road.  And a lot of times the lines on the road are so worn that it renders the system inoperable.  My wife hates it and keeps it turned off.  I tried it for a while and also turned it off.  It's usually tied into the lane departure warning system, which is also pretty useless unless you do a lot of interstate driving and have a tendency to fall asleep.  So long distance interstate driving is the only time I would use either one.  Five years ago my criteria for a new vehicle was adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert.  Now after five years of experience, the only two that I use on a regular basis are the blind spot monitoring and the rear cross traffic alert.  If I lived in SoCal or Salt Lake City or some other massive urban area, then I'd also want adaptive cruise control.  But lane departure warning and lane keep assist are the two things I could totally live without. 

12 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Not me. I like having Blind Spot Monitoring and the front & rear sensors, but you can keep the stupid vibrating seat and Lane Keep. :thumbs:

That and the rear cross traffic alert, which always comes with blind spot monitoring anyway.  That's the conclusion I came to after five years of all the bells and whistles.  Saved myself close to 10 grand over a 2020 with all the bells and whistles.  The most important things for me were 6.2L, Max Trailering package, Trailering Package, brake controller, heated and ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and LED headlights.  I got all that and some other goodies in my 2019 LTZ.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, laqualo said:

appreciate all the feedback . Truth is cant see myself keeping this truck , Im moving next week so it will come in handy for that but will have to bite the bullet and move on . Anyone in Calgary area that wants a basically new RST with all adds except the safety package let me know . It has full 3m , paint protection , leather guard , Cermaic coated exhaust , Tint and sitting today at 800 km . 

Which options and packages does it have exactly? 

30 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Which options and packages does it have exactly? 

19RST with 5.3 all avalible options except safety package. Has the 20 inch wheel package.  Full front 3m , tinting.  Paint protection with leather guard.  Black with black leather z71 package with the protection pack ( witch adds all weather matts spray I liner and some other thing s.