Level Spacer Height Experiment

In my seemingly eternal quest for info to determine what level or lift would be best for me, I took some jacks and lifted my front and rear to different heights to experiment.  I wish I had done it out in the driveway to get better pics, but I wanted to share what I found.

My truck is a max trailering 4x4 LTZ.  Stock it sits 38.75 Rear and 37.75 Front.  Not that much rake.  Not near as bad as the K2s.  I evaluated the following combos:

1" Rear, 2.0 Front

2" Rear, 2.0 Front (Trailboss lift height)

2" Rear, 2.5 Front

My ultimate goal with this rig is to look mroe aggressive than stock, but to not ruin its towing ability since I specifically bought it for the 6.2 Max trailering package.  That means keeps tires close to stock OD and keeping some rake, although I plan to add bags to keep the rear in check anyway.  I cant stand a squatted truck, even when towing.

I think the 2" rear 2.5" front looks pretty good.  And a 2" rear block is easier to find. And I can get specific Air Lift bags made for the 2" extra height of a trailboss.  That leaves me with about 3/4" rake in the front.  Honestly, it doesnt look too bad even with the 275/60R20s.  If they were such wussy tires they might be okay.

I also did some looking at clearances as I am considering swapping the 275/60R20 (33" OD)  to  305/55r20s (33.25" OD).  305s should stick out more by 15mm each side.  That amounts to 9/16 extra pudge on each side.  From the looks of the photos there should be easily enough space to clear the sway bar, control arm and fender well.  I guess the swaybar and fender clearance would change in dynamic conditions so it is still not a perfect evaluation.

But if this helps anyone I wanted to pass it along.

2.0F-1.0R Side.jpg

2.0F-2.0R Angle.jpg

2.0F-2.0R Angle1.jpg

2.5F-2.0R Angle.jpg

2.5F-2.0R Close.jpg

2.5 Control Arm Clearance Full Lock2.jpg

Edited by TexasGMCZ71