Level Kit, Top or Bottom spacer?

I was set on getting a 3" rough country but since I wanna keep my 33s for towing I think a 2" front spacer and 1" rear spacer with air bags would be better for me. 

What are the pros and cons of a round strut top spacer vs a u shaped bottom spacer?  Does one ride smoother?  Is one better for the suspension geometry?  I see some kits come with both, like the pro-comp.    

Eventually I'll probably replace the level with 5100s but who knows when those will come out...

Thanks

I had a 1.5" lower on my 2014 for a few months and it rode rough.  But I think it was the Billstein 4600 HD shocks I added to it that made it that way.  After I put 5100s on and got rid of the spacer it was like a luxury car. 

The top would be a little more work, agreed.  But it was pretty easy to remove the strut assembly to add it.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:45 PM, TexasGMCZ71 said:

I was set on getting a 3" rough country but since I wanna keep my 33s for towing I think a 2" front spacer and 1" rear spacer with air bags would be better for me. 

What are the pros and cons of a round strut top spacer vs a u shaped bottom spacer?  Does one ride smoother?  Is one better for the suspension geometry?  I see some kits come with both, like the pro-comp.    

Eventually I'll probably replace the level with 5100s but who knows when those will come out...

Thanks

This is how i would think of it. If the extra weight is on the suspension (moving up and down) then there is more work for your suspension to control. If the weight is on the frame then its like you haveing a couple of water bottles in you truck. 

If i were to lift my truck i would purchase over the strut spacer.