Lost Audio when starting after ACC power

Ok, here is a weird one....   Truck parked, hit Start button to get ACC power for a few minutes to listen to the radio....   listen for a bit, now foot on brake, start the truck...

Now no audio. The rest of the infotainment works fine - just no audio.

Only remedy so far that I have found, turn off the truck, open the door, close the door, restart - now things work fine.  If I don't open the door and just stop/restart, still no audio..

Probably just one of those weird electrical deals.  I wish you could see the fuel gauge level when acc is on.  I like to listen to the radio and keep an eye on the fuel level so I know when to hop back out at the pump.

I’ve had this happen twice.  I don’t recall the sequence so I don’t know if it was tied to the AC, but no sound.  When you hit the volume, no indicator (like the one over the steering wheel).  Same thing, only fix was to shut off the truck and open the door.  Basically a reset of the system.  Though, last time that didn’t even work.  It didn’t come back on until I got out of the car and left it off for awhile (ran into the store), then it came back on.

15 hours ago, Chris Callanan said:

Ok, here is a weird one....   Truck parked, hit Start button to get ACC power for a few minutes to listen to the radio....   listen for a bit, now foot on brake, start the truck...

Now no audio. The rest of the infotainment works fine - just no audio.

Only remedy so far that I have found, turn off the truck, open the door, close the door, restart - now things work fine.  If I don't open the door and just stop/restart, still no audio..

Weird is the correct word. May not have to hit the Acc just for the radio. Once in the car with the key, I just hit the radio button and I get the radio and Park LED. But who knows if they all work that way? May all depend on the software rev. My 8.03 had bugs but when dealer upgraded radio to Nav system, it's running on the older 5.09 and now everything works just fine......no more annoying "Climate Off" bug and system says there are no updates available.

18 minutes ago, smit303 said:

I had this happen too. Lost radio sound.  I don't know how. Still had NAV voice. Only cure was to shut the car off. Get out, Get back in and start it up.

When you loose audio just select another station it'll come back on then go back.  This started with the new infotainment update. No more climate off but this has happened about 4 times in the last 2 months. 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, mafd2 said:

When you loose audio just select another station it'll come back on then go back.  This started with the new infotainment update. No more climate off but this has happened about 4 times in the last 2 months. 

I tried different stations, FM XM, phone via bluetooth. I'm pretty sure nothing worked. Hopefully it won't happen again.