Distance between cross members

I was looking for a 6 inch lift for my truck and at this time there aren't very many options for 2WD.  One that i did find was Rough Country. It stated on their site it only fit Double Cab Short Bed trucks. I asked why this was and they stated that the cross members wouldn't fit other wise. Is this an just an excuse because they haven't tried fitment on other configurations? From what i can see the front geometry is the same since the cross members are under the front cab. Is there anyone who might be able to provide more insight on this?

So, you have a brand new truck, and you want to put on a lift that the manufacturer says isn't for your truck.  What do you think will happen if anything fails?  And if it fails and someone else gets hurt, you are personally boned, as insurance will look at you and go "what the hell? we're not paying for that."

haha im not going to get into the discussion with 4WD truck owners who are butt hurt because someone else with a 2WD wants to lift it. I like how it looks and no i dont off road or live anywhere that i need 4WD. Its my truck and would like to customize it how i see fit. 

1 hour ago, davester said:

So, you have a brand new truck, and you want to put on a lift that the manufacturer says isn't for your truck.  What do you think will happen if anything fails?  And if it fails and someone else gets hurt, you are personally boned, as insurance will look at you and go "what the hell? we're not paying for that."

Davester i wasnt looking to use their kit and not looking to throw them under the bus. I was simply asking if anyone knew if there was a difference in the cab/bed configuration having different suspension dimensions. Either way i got an answer back from Superlift after i posted this who stated i was good to go with their kit so i bought that.