Did You Buy the Extended Warranty?

OILERS55

Thank you. So buying from Geico, is this essentially an extended warranty then?

Does it cover as much as say something from GM would?

It covers more. Exclusions are significant with gm protection plan.

Here is the link.

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Bob2C said:

It covers more. Exclusions are significant with gm protection plan.

Here is the link.

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

Sounds good.

I'm going to review over all this tomorrow.

Glad Geico has this. Geico has been great for us.

Use them for home and auto.

Thanks again

• Like 1

You can request additional free warranty if and when you finance through GM. Geico insurance company has added parts warranty as well, you can add to your policy, added from time I bought my vehicles.

I wouldn’t buy a new vehicle without it. If you’re already thrifty in your buying it’s usually pretty cheap. I usually buy discounted year end models. They seemed more willing to discount their extended warranty to move their vehicles.

11 hours ago, MacLaren said:

Dang right I bought one.

Got a 7 year 100k 

With all the computers and what not in new vehicle. After I hit 100,000 I'll get another new one.

I bought the same, 7 year 100K for $2000.00.  To much to go wrong in these.  The radio / nav head unit alone is $4K.  Look at all of the cameras and sensors.  I hope I don't need to use it but good to know it is there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OILERS55 said:

Just bought my 2019 GMC SLT.  Dealer wanted $3650 for a 10 year, 120,000 extended warranty - basically this warranty would cover warrantable, non maintenance items from end of OEM bumper to bumper  thru year 10.  I thought this was an insane!!!! amount of money and declined.

Insurance is a vehicle whose intent is to prevent financial ruin. Not financial inconvenience. No one I know of outside myself and my business teacher in school believes this. I'm not ruined over even a $10K repair bill. I am inconvenienced and if it happens in a time that it is unreasonable to expect such a repair need be required AND the dealer/manufacture refused to do the right thing I guarantee to cross them off my supplier list. I don't believe they mind. I don't either. There is nothing in life I need so bad as to accept being blackmailed, defrauded or swindled for. You asked for OPINIONS. Thiers mine. NO!  

Again?

Personal choice.

Roll of the dice IMO if needed.

Anybody can justify their decisions on purchases. Be it warranty's or ?

I buy used. My choice.

Have never had a major failure.

:)

I was way too excited at the dealership and bought into nearly everything. After my cousin talked some sense into me, he pointed out that my $5000 warranty covered mostly what my full coverage insurance already covered. Luckily the warranty was full refund within 90 days. Now that refund is in the works, and I'll probably look into an outside company for my warranty. honestly, I have no problem fixing things like interior or paint damage; one time payment of like $300 or so, once in a great while (if at all), is better than $5000 up front "just in case".

Huh?  What extended warranty?  No thanks.....94K on 2016 only thing to fail was AC compressor.  If it's gonna fail it will early on especially the electronics imo.  Never have or will I buy the extended anything but that is me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Minnvmax said:

I havent purchased one in my life. After 33 years of buying things and new vehicles I am WAY ahead of the game. I doubt I have any risk at all of regretting not buying one for my 2019.

Yup!  Totally agree....

16 hours ago, Silverado EW said:

These are insurance policies sold by the dealerships for various amounts. As an example, I purchased a 10 yr, 100K warranty for $2,200 a couple weeks ago when I bought my Silverado. I wish the standard warranty was for higher miles but to me, to buy the extra policy is a no brainer. My dad bought one for his truck, it was a lifetime bumper to bumper for $3,400. He's got 335,000 miles on his truck now. That policy was worth it since he's had to put a new Trans, rear end, blower motor and engine in his truck. LOL he says it't the best $3,500 he's ever spent. Now they tell him that they will review each claim and if the cost of repair is more than the value of the truck, they will pay the value of the truck. I would highly recommend to buy it if you can. You can negotiate the price of it also. The dealership typically makes big $$ off of these policies. 

The last sentence pretty much sums it up. As I've said before, the dealerships need extended warranty policies more than you do.

• Like 2

So I checked with Geico, if the truck is less than 15 months old and 15,000 miles and you are the original owner, then for ~$20/mo and $250 deductible per claim, the truck can be covered under their mechanical breakdown coverage I'm told.  My truck is new so I' have some time to consider this which I will.  Great posts; thank y'all.

• Like 1