Programming New Key Fob - ‘19 Sierra SLT w/ Push Button Start

My key fob was stolen a couple weeks ago and I’d like to replace it. My SLT has the keyless entry/push button start, with remote start and tailgate lower. Talking to the dealer it’s about $350 for a replacement key and programming.

Looking around online, I can get a replacement fob from www.carandtruckremotes.com for about $120 less than the dealer. Not sure if anyone has purchased from there, but it has highly rated reviews.

The next step would be programming the new fob to work for my truck. I have one working fob now. I’ve looked around online and on this site and haven’t seen if this is possible to do yourself. I’ve seen a few things listed that say about turning the backup key in the door a few times, but wasn’t sure if that would work and make the key function properly (remote start, etc.). I’d also like the new key to be linked to “Driver #1” as this was always my settings, etc.

Anybody replaced keyless entry/push button start key fob in a GMC without having to program it at the dealership?

• 2 weeks later...
My key fob was stolen a couple weeks ago and I’d like to replace it. My SLT has the keyless entry/push button start, with remote start and tailgate lower. Talking to the dealer it’s about $350 for a replacement key and programming.

Looking around online, I can get a replacement fob from www.carandtruckremotes.com for about $120 less than the dealer. Not sure if anyone has purchased from there, but it has highly rated reviews.

The next step would be programming the new fob to work for my truck. I have one working fob now. I’ve looked around online and on this site and haven’t seen if this is possible to do yourself. I’ve seen a few things listed that say about turning the backup key in the door a few times, but wasn’t sure if that would work and make the key function properly (remote start, etc.). I’d also like the new key to be linked to “Driver #1” as this was always my settings, etc.

Anybody replaced keyless entry/push button start key fob in a GMC without having to program it at the dealership?
Yes

Ace Hardware cuts and programs GM keys for cheap. If you have one around, use them to keep the local establishments alive and kicking.

If you get a blank from the web it can be programmed by yourself in the vehicle. You don't have to go to the dealer. The instructions are in the owners manual.

I haven't done a T series key yet but the K series trucks was super easy to do in a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk