GM 2 Inch lift vs 2 inch front and 2 inch rear blocks

Rough Country used to be worse. People complained on the older trucks where they had you trim bump stops off and some other things. I never had an issue with mine over 50k miles and since then, they’ve greatly increased their quality and attention to detail. They are nothing to fear.

27 minutes ago, FiatDale said:

Rough Country used to be worse. People complained on the older trucks where they had you trim bump stops off and some other things. I never had an issue with mine over 50k miles and since then, they’ve greatly increased their quality and attention to detail. They are nothing to fear.

what kit do you have though? Not all of them are poor.

40 minutes ago, TexasGMCZ71 said:

Ive never had a full lift installed before.  What makes the Rough Country Kit bad?  It seems like its really just a fancy level kit with a few extra bells and whistles.

the leveling kits are fine. they offer no different product than most other manufacturers.

I meant specifically the $300-600 range kits they offer. It's usually a half assed level/lift, with poor bushings, joints, and weaker than stock components.

The 3.5" kit previously offered for older vehicles had to be the worst of the worst. The UCA and bushings specifically, i've seen so many horror stories first hand about this one.

Edited by tanner709

So my truck currently measures 37.75 at the front and 39.0 rear wheel well.  Max trailering with stock 20s and 33s.  I'm wondering if a simple 2" front spacer and 1" rear block would be okay.   Would this preclude any control arm replacement needs?  I assume I could also keep my rear max trailering shocks.  I wanna keep the 33s to maintain towing power.  Maybe some better looking 33s but the same diameter.  

If I went with spacers are there any pros/cons to top vs bottom mount spacers.  I did bottom mount on my 2014 and added billstein 4600s to the front.  It rode like crap.  Not sure if it was the spacers, the 4600s, or the horrible shop that installed them.  

Thanks all!