In market. Help me decide.

10 hours ago, TexasGMCZ71 said:

Thank for the I sight guys.  I've been thinking all day and decided to do it.   I'll have it paid off in a couple years and if its not right for me then I'll trade it.  I think I'm gonna like it.  Plus I took all my goodies odd my 14 already so no going back now!  

This is her.  Shes a beauty. Love that shadow grey.  Getting them to swap ltz rims with RST 20s. 

IMG_3402(1).jpg

Love the color! Great stance! Enjoy your new truck!

18 hours ago, TexasGMCZ71 said:

Thanks. I'm in Texas as well.  I'm 42, live between Houston and Galveston have 6000lb RV.  The terrain here is benign.  Winds are hell tho.  What sucks is that we have to pull RV across houston no matter where we go.  Houston sucks with having more get up and go. I pulled the RV with a loaner with a 6.2 10-speed and was impressed how effortless it was to accelerate.  We usually camp in the hill country too. It pulls okay with the 5.3 but its not award winning by any means.  If the Ford wasnt a ford that turbo V6 would be awesome.  But the overheat all the time I hear.  

I guess I'm just struggling because i dont NEED it right now.  I kinda want it but feel guilty for doing it.  But I'm catholic so we feel guilty about everything....

I live in League City have the 6.2 in my Denali. Was worth the extra money. I knew if I settled for the 5.3 I’d regret it. Plus the 6.2 makes Houston highway driving a breeze. Gas and get over cause once you hit the blinker you know they will speed up lol.

Im also trying to figure out what kind of lift combo to put on.  I want to add airbags in the back, and those are spec'ed out different depending on height.  They alone can be used to give some rear lift - that s what im doing on my current 14.  I think 2" is all I want to go in the front.  I really wish the Billsteins 5100s were ready for these trucks.  Thats what I had on my last one and they rode awesome.  I think Im gonna keep a 33" tire to avoid reducing my gear ratio when towing.  I think some 275/60/r20 BFG ATs would look killer on here.

305/55/r20s would also look great but I dont know if they would fit on the stock rims.

Congratulations! It is a beauty! I would drive it for a while before you lift or level. I have the RST with 20” wheels and the KO2’s. I only have 1” of rake and like the way it looks and drives.

You might want to hook up yo your trailer with your equalizer and see how it sits.

When I tow my 6000 lb Jayco there is no squat in the rear and the front did not go up any. Like s lot of people I may change Shocks early next year.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:28 PM, TexasGMCZ71 said:

Thank for the I sight guys.  I've been thinking all day and decided to do it.   I'll have it paid off in a couple years and if its not right for me then I'll trade it.  I think I'm gonna like it.  Plus I took all my goodies odd my 14 already so no going back now!  

This is her.  Shes a beauty. Love that shadow grey.  Getting them to swap ltz rims with RST 20s. 

IMG_3402(1).jpg

Looks great! I just placed an order for a summit white LTZ. Is that the shadow gray metallic? I’m almost having regrets on the white after seeing yours. Do you have a level or anything on in this picture? It almost looks like you do. It looks pretty damn good. 

On 9/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, TexasGMCZ71 said:

IMG_3402(1).jpg

Fantastic truck!!

Man, these new Silverados whether it be 5.3 or 6.2 are getting just phenomenal gas mileage for a full size truck!

I am pleasantly surprised. Daily driving I am getting 19.5. Old truck I was lucky to get 12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm in the same boat, have a 2014 Sierra with only 30k miles on it and it's paid off. Got offered $26k trade in and can get a new Sierra SLT for between $38k and $40k. It's nice to have a paid off truck, but hard to beat the equity I have in it so probably going to pull the trigger on the new one. I too am not a huge fan of all the chrome, and was thinking about getting an RST, but I can get the SLT for less money with way more options right now so probably going to go that route. Without the steps and the addition of black wheels it helps the flashy chrome factor a ton. 

18739578803x640.jpg

Edited by hotrodz37

at 71k I'd be happy to get into something with a little less miles. I think there's enough threads on the likes and dislikes for the 19, but none that are deal breakers for me. At 71k, we start to see stuff need replacement or break and you have a good deal.

3 hours ago, hotrodz37 said:

I'm in the same boat, have a 2014 Sierra with only 30k miles on it and it's paid off. Got offered $26k trade in and can get a new Sierra SLT for between $38k and $40k. It's nice to have a paid off truck, but hard to beat the equity I have in it so probably going to pull the trigger on the new one. I too am not a huge fan of all the chrome, and was thinking about getting an RST, but I can get the SLT for less money with way more options right now so probably going to go that route. Without the steps and the addition of black wheels it helps the flashy chrome factor a ton. 

18739578803x640.jpg

i look at your situation differently. low mileage and paid off is a gem. I'd keep it longer, whereas I think the OP with higher mileage makes sense to trade in.

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

i look at your situation differently. low mileage and paid off is a gem. I'd keep it longer, whereas I think the OP with higher mileage makes sense to trade in.

Totally understand your point and I tend to agree, but mine has the dreaded vibration issues so looking to get out of it while it's still worth something. Part of why it's low mileage, we take my wife's car everywhere haha

Edited by hotrodz37