Wheel center caps

13 hours ago, hertge said:

Just like factory but black gmc letters. 

Just checked the wheel drawing compared to the center cap drawing & your wheel's cap dimensions match the ones shown on the center cap drawing - so that cap with the black GMC logo should fit your wheel based on the information to which I have access.

10 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, thanks, but I personally would want OEM in this case. Just don’t think it exists.

Checked the drawings & you're correct - there isn't a P/N for polished cap with a black bow tie only the gold one or the brushed with black bow tie or different iterations with a mostly black cap (outside the bow tie).  Sorry.  They could always add one at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wheelguy said:

Checked the drawings & you're correct - there isn't a P/N for polished cap with a black bow tie only the gold one or the brushed with black bow tie or different iterations with a mostly black cap (outside the bow tie).  Sorry.  They could always add one at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thanks, I figured as much. I was debating on one of the black cap styles with silver bow tie, but it might just look like I’m missing my center caps from a distance. 

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Thanks, I figured as much. I was debating on one of the black cap styles with silver bow tie, but it might just look like I’m missing my center caps from a distance. 

If I really wanted the black bow ties - I'd do a wrap or plastidip.  I know it's a challenge though - just would depend on how bad I wanted it.  I would think masking off the caps wouldn't be too bad though.  I know it's not for everyone & I'd be a bit happier with "real" OEM caps with clearcoat over everything.  Plus, potentially taking off all 4 wheels...a bit too much work for me. ?

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2019 at 1:37 PM, OnTheReel said:

Yeah. The caps actually come off pretty easy from the front with a dent puller so it’s not a huge deal to swap them out. Plastidip is a good option but I’m not quite there yet.

Hey. Did you ever figure out anything regarding the black bow tie on a polished cap?

8 hours ago, ShadyShopDog said:

Hey. Did you ever figure out anything regarding the black bow tie on a polished cap?

Yup. Well, for awhile I ran the brushed aluminum / black bow tie RST center caps which actually didn’t look bad at all.

Then I saw these on eBay. Very happy with the look. They match the factory LTZ 20s and my Denali 22s.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324422842677

1AE92B06-59F4-4BC4-AB38-DC4A40B80B45.thumb.jpeg.22979d5b7f339fb9b2d691670219ef1c.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Yup. Well, for awhile I ran the brushed aluminum / black bow tie RST center caps which actually didn’t look bad at all.

Then I saw these on eBay. Very happy with the look. They match the factory LTZ 20s and my Denali 22s.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324422842677

1AE92B06-59F4-4BC4-AB38-DC4A40B80B45.thumb.jpeg.22979d5b7f339fb9b2d691670219ef1c.jpeg

Looks awesome! I’m gonna get a set ordered. Thanks for the help.