Wheel center caps

Anyone know the size of the slt premium pkg 20 inch polished wheels center cap size?  I bought the black emblems for front and the back and want to get rid of the red GMC on the wheel center caps, any suggestions vinyl stickers or buy new caps, anyone done this yet? Help

Please post a pic of your current wheels and one close up of the caps. I’m blindly guessing you have one of the two shown below and more than likely the right one (left has a circular machined finish, right is polished):

5630A1EB-BE7F-4DF8-9934-0EA83B765599.jpeg.4a634545b24eee1b132481270fee2b04.jpeg

I personally haven’t seen GMC overlays but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Alternatively, you could consider plastidip or painting yourself but as small as that is, I can understand if that’s not an option

I know there is a polished cap with a black logo that’s not seen too much or easily found (installed on T1s). My concern is the finish could be much brighter than a typical polished wheel. Here’s an image:

F1374289-9BA1-49E7-96E8-30D1BAEC45DE.jpeg.6a60affdecd09605105436f71956e3bb.jpeg

My Denali has polished wheels but came with all chrome center caps. They look OK but I’d prefer the ones above if I was sure they’d match closer to polished brightness versus chrome. Chrome GMC caps:

61160E20-4E61-4F2F-AC45-6CFBE033AE79.jpeg.4183749f2a0fe138180cfc24e4d07226.jpeg

All 3 should fit. The black & red logo caps come from the same chart number (drawing) so that means the plastic underneath should be the same. Once I see what wheels you have, I can take a look at the drawing for your wheel & see if it matches what the cap maker suggests on theirs if you’d like.

Edited by Wheelguy

1 hour ago, hertge said:

Just like factory but black gmc letters. 

Thanks for the pic - that’s the wheel I assumed you had but it’s always safe to double check via pic. I’m pretty sure that black logo GMC cap will fit. Most sites ask around $33 (USD) apiece plus shipping for that cap. I will confirm the wheel/cap dims tomorrow for fit. P/N for cap is 84388427 & my dealership has confirmed it shows up for them.

12 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Those are brushed, need polished with black bow tie to match the OEM wheels. 

Thanks, will do.

Haven’t physically seen the polished version with black bowtie but will check the cap drawing I have. If it exists, I’ll send you the P/N which I would encourage you to confirm via your preferred dealer.  Once you confirm the P/N is legit (there could be a typo on a print or the part was just never put into full production) then you could search the parts sites like gmpartsdirect for cheaper prices.

I can only check so much, unfortunately.

Also, the finish with polished caps can be a bit brighter than the wheels. Polishing isn’t as good for matching as plating, painting or brushed finishes (machined finish). Just the nature of that polishing process.

Edited by Wheelguy