Adding cameras

mbsfgts

I'd like to add the cameras too but it's probably not worth the expense. I came from a Kia Sorento (had a 95 Silverado back in 08) and I still haven't adjusted to the size of the truck. Can't seem to pull into a parking spot without having to back up and straighten up. [emoji23][emoji2371]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mbsfgts said:

Hi all , just got new 2019 GMC Sierra HD and was wondering if anyone in northern CA had Factory towing camera package installed and if by who?

curious as well!  I would like to add the trailer cameras.  Noticed the coax cable was tucked under the bumper on my truck (didnt come with any cameras other than tailgate).  I installed the trailer receptacle with the 2 camera ports on it.  Plugged the cable in that was under the bumper.  Havent been able to get it to show up on the infotainment screen yet thought.  thinking it needs some type of programming at the dealer....  Going to get them to look at it when truck goes in for first oil chance next week. 

2 hours ago, 2k19Sierra said:

curious as well!  I would like to add the trailer cameras.  Noticed the coax cable was tucked under the bumper on my truck (didnt come with any cameras other than tailgate).  I installed the trailer receptacle with the 2 camera ports on it.  Plugged the cable in that was under the bumper.  Havent been able to get it to show up on the infotainment screen yet thought.  thinking it needs some type of programming at the dealer....  Going to get them to look at it when truck goes in for first oil chance next week. 

Can you keep us updated on what happens with that?  

The mirrors with the cameras in them are a different mirror. Take a look at the higher trim level mirrors. On the bottom of the mirror, you will see a "ear". That "ear" is where the cameras are located.

The wiring in the door may very well have the coax cable like what @2K19Sierra shows in the last post. More than likely though you will have to purchase a new mirror and have the dealer reprogram the truck to recognize the new cameras. 

Edited by Wisco68

3 hours ago, 2k19Sierra said:

Have you try hooking any camera to these ports yet? if so what kind of camera and where did you get them?  So far i can't find any aftermarket camera with compatible connection.

7 minutes ago, ChinkySuperman said:

Have you try hooking any camera to these ports yet? if so what kind of camera and where did you get them?  So far i can't find any aftermarket camera with compatible connection.

have not tried hooking one up to it yet...  Hesitant to buy GM one cause its so expensive (of course) and no aftermarket ones yet...   would like to know if its going to work first.  I have seen a few photos/videos around that show the camera icon for the trailer greyed out on the infotainment screen when the camera isnt plugged in. was hoping to see that icon on my screen when i plugged the new receptacle in but no luck... hoping dealer can help!