2020 - GMC Regular Cab, Short bed , 4x4 ?

Toque

Everyone:

I am going to be wanting a new truck in a year from now. 

I really want a Single cab , short bed truck with a 5.3 liter V8. 

I have no desire for a long bed either. Not my style. 

I just don't have the need for a big truck just driving it to work and back daily. 

Lighter truck , bigger motor.... is always a good combo... 8-)

+ 99% of the time its just me driving it. 

I do like having the bed for various things I need to do fixing up around the house. 

Thats the purpose for getting a truck as my daily.  I'm tired of not having room to move stuff. LOL

Any word on the possibility of GMC or Chevy making the Single Cab, Short bed, with a 5.3 in the US ? 

They already make it in Mexico. See link below. 

https://www.gmc.com.mx/pickups/sierra-regular-4x4

It looks really good from the pics.  (See pic below)

If they do not make one I guess I can always look for a low mileage 2016-2018 model. 

I was hoping to buy new though. 

Thanks for any information you may have. 

Toque

2020 GMC Regular Cab.jpg

• 3 months later...

Bit late but might as well bump this thread rather than start a new one.

Has anyone looked into the possibility of modifying a Regular Cab long-box into a RCSB? Could it be as simple as removing the bed, cutting out a length of frame, and putting on a 6'6" box?

almost bought reg cab ans woulda been my first. but I need bed space so woulda been 8ft bed...….fortunetly my dog is still with me so had to go with dbl cab , after she gone I have no need for it so I bought it for her, no regrets....she wont make it another year and ill have this truck far byond but that's totally ok.....you have to get reg cab or 2500 HD to get 8ft bed.....trucks have gotten so big, I live at beach where space is premium so reg cab 8ft is same as my dbl cab 6'6'' bed...…...and it was tough to find a std bed truck....95 % of all trucks sold are short beds( never used to be such a thing)…...anyways just get std bed in reg cab, like a $200 difference and at some point youll appreciate having extra space.....don't think they offer reg cab in short box

17 hours ago, Dunn said:

almost bought reg cab ans woulda been my first. but I need bed space so woulda been 8ft bed...….fortunetly my dog is still with me so had to go with dbl cab , after she gone I have no need for it so I bought it for her, no regrets....she wont make it another year and ill have this truck far byond but that's totally ok.....you have to get reg cab or 2500 HD to get 8ft bed.....trucks have gotten so big, I live at beach where space is premium so reg cab 8ft is same as my dbl cab 6'6'' bed...…...and it was tough to find a std bed truck....95 % of all trucks sold are short beds( never used to be such a thing)…...anyways just get std bed in reg cab, like a $200 difference and at some point youll appreciate having extra space.....don't think they offer reg cab in short box

To me the 6'6" box IS the short box. 8' is long, and that teeny bicycle basket behind the crew cabs doesn't come on a 2-door, therefore it doesn't exist! ?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Read some where can’t remember that GM is considering  more regular cab options.  Good move 

That would be fantastic. Had a dealership sales guy give me the "oh we really want your trade, come find out what it's worth" pitch. Told him that until GM sells an RCSB to replace mine, I'll never give it up. Didn't have an answer for that lol.

Edited by jonny24
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jonny24 said:

To me the 6'6" box IS the short box. 8' is long, and that teeny bicycle basket behind the crew cabs doesn't come on a 2-door, therefore it doesn't exist! ?

I kinda agree with you, but it's been 15 years since GM agreed with that.

Somebody in marketing didn't like the 5'8' box on the 1500 crews being referred to as the short short box....

On 12/9/2019 at 11:13 AM, jonny24 said:

but its not, the 5'7 is shorty....hard to find even std boxes on trucks as 95% are shortys now.....reg cab at least offers an 8ft, you have to get 2500HD to get one otherwise

On 12/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, 19Sierra said:

It really makes me chuckle . When they were available hardly anyone bought them. They are now gone and all these people say they want one now ? 

• Like 1