Rough Country 5" Lift on 35x12.50R18 Stock Wheels

Hello everyone. First time poster here.

I just bought a 2014 Silverado LT 4x4 a couple days ago and have already started looking into what lift/tire configurations are possible. Does anyone know if a 5" RC Lift will clear 35x12.50R18 tires on stock 18" wheels? And when I say "clear", I mean no rubbing, but I don't mind doing some minor trimming to achieve this. You might say, why don't you just get a 6"? The reason for this is because that extra inch will prohibit me from fitting in my garage, according to my measurements.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Copperhead629 said:

I have 35x12.50 Ironman mud tires on a leveled 2014 double cab 1500 and have no rubbing issues at all. You have nothing to worry about. 

Did you have to trim anything to do this? A picture would be really helpful, thanks!

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/267786/2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-fuel-lethal-rough-country

The wheels do not have stock offset, however. I reached out to the owner and he said that the tires would barely rub at full lock, but he just zip-tied the wheel liners back a little further to clear completely.

Edited by Hales1763
Misinformation

I figured out the answer to my question, finally.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/267786/2014-chevrolet-silverado-1500-fuel-lethal-rough-country

The wheels are not stock, but have a stock offset of -24. I reached out to the owner and he said that the tires would barely rub at full lock, but he just zip-tied the wheel liners back a little further to clear completely.

Stock offset is +27 to a +31 the -24 is gonna push them out and if you do the knuckle lift it’s gonna push them out 1 1/2 more on each side then you would need 2 inch spacers on rear to match. The bracket lift doesn’t increase track width. I have the bracket lift with 20x10 -18 offset with 33’s and could fit 35’s mine is set at 5.75 inches lift in front and have no rubbing or trimming of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, 14 Silvy said:

Stock offset is +27 to a +31 the -24 is gonna push them out and if you do the knuckle lift it’s gonna push them out 1 1/2 more on each side then you would need 2 inch spacers on rear to match. The bracket lift doesn’t increase track width. I have the bracket lift with 20x10 -18 offset with 33’s and could fit 35’s mine is set at 5.75 inches lift in front and have no rubbing or trimming of any kind.

https://performancelifts.com/wheel-back-space-information.html

Whoops, meant to put +24. Thank you for that. So it sounds like if I got the knuckle lift with my +24 stock wheels, the track width would closely resemble your track width with the bracket lift and -18 offset.

https://performancelifts.com/wheel-back-space-information.html

Whoops, meant to put +24. Thank you for that. So it sounds like if I got the knuckle lift with my +24 stock wheels, the track width would closely resemble your track width with the bracket lift and -18 offset.
I'd say the stock wheels on a knuckle lift will still stick out a little more than mine but you will need spacers in the rear to even them out with the front wheels. I done the bracket lift myself in the garage and wasnt bad at all I didn't want the wheels sticking out too far. It's a brand new truck didn't want to ruin the paint.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 14 Silvy said:

Here is how mine looks.8ccb08cfd4a5306841dadc687fe5a050.jpgd5edf3dba960f06edc8e3317edfa618c.jpgc51ccd6e96a9701145c66c2f8acfd929.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's really helpful. And you're right - mine will stick out about 9mm further. And I do get what your concern is with the paint. My issue is that I feel like the track width would look too narrow with the bracket lift and stock offset. And I really would like to refrain from getting new wheels. The struggle.

That's really helpful. And you're right - mine will stick out about 9mm further. And I do get what your concern is with the paint. My issue is that I feel like the track width would look too narrow with the bracket lift and stock offset. And I really would like to refrain from getting new wheels. The struggle.

No problem here is a members truck with the CST 4.5 bracket lift set same as mine with stocks and 34’s90054f566c5bb57611c2feda16678ede.jpg39bcd390d1c32f62e2bd29250ab4a6ec.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Hales1763 said:

Update:

5” RC Bracket Lift is in with 35x12.50R18 Cooper’s. I’ve only had the lift in for a couple days, but it doesn’t rub anywhere with typical city driving. Wheels are stock.

F564E0F6-5D96-40B5-853F-9690EBA1CCBB.jpeg

046EC3A4-D3B0-46C6-ABA2-449049A6151F.jpeg

you make me think about this bracket kit again. I was leaning more towards the fabtech 6in lift since it keeps the stock track width so they say