Rewards points

Does anybody know how they work? My dealer says I have to use them all at once. I got the 20,000 ($100)when I bought the truck. I want a $50 accessory but they say I have to redeem them all to get it. Is this right?

29 minutes ago, Joedert said:

Does anybody know how they work? My dealer says I have to use them all at once. I got the 20,000 ($100)when I bought the truck. I want a $50 accessory but they say I have to redeem them all to get it. Is this right?

No that is not accurate.  Visit https://www.mychevroletrewards.com.  For sign-up and completing your profile, chevrolet will award you an additional 2,000 points.  Below is an example of my account history.  You will see the 1k for enrollment, 1k for completing my profile and then you see the 20,000 points that were awarded for the new vehicle purchase.

Finally, you can see where I used 20,000 to obtain a voucher for 100 dollars in accessories allowance.  From the mychevroletrewards site, click on Redeem Points, then select whatever the type of rewards you are interested in (accessories, certified service, etc).  In my case, I selected "Chevrolet Accessories Allowance", then you will see a drop down for the dollar to points.  In your case, you can select 50.00 and it will cost you 10,000 points.  Click Redeem Now and you can print the voucher.  Take that voucher to the dealer and they can take that off the price of whatever you obtain.  

Please note that the voucher has an expiration date, so be sure to utilize before they expire.  You can avoid expiration by not completing the process I referenced above, until you are ready to do so.  Hope that helps.

FYI:  It took about 2 days for the 20,000 points to hit my account after the vehicle purchase. 

Final Note:  Dealerships know next to nothing when it comes to topic like this.  Randomly poll 10 different sales guys and you will get 10 different answers.  Their lack of knowledge on most topics is pathetic.  Only thing worse then the sales department is the service department.  The sales people look like rocket scientist in comparison. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 10.05.31 AM.png

Edited by lord.kinbote
  • Like 2

Mine never hit my account....and dealer isn't listed as participating. Called reward points with the VIN, they verified and added the 20K, traded for the $100. voucher.  Dealer's parts department honored the voucher even though they weren't liosted on the website as a participant.

Free OEM black emblem set.

4 hours ago, lord.kinbote said:

No that is not accurate.  Visit https://www.mychevroletrewards.com.  For sign-up and completing your profile, chevrolet will award you an additional 2,000 points.  Below is an example of my account history.  You will see the 1k for enrollment, 1k for completing my profile and then you see the 20,000 points that were awarded for the new vehicle purchase.

Finally, you can see where I used 20,000 to obtain a voucher for 100 dollars in accessories allowance.  From the mychevroletrewards site, click on Redeem Points, then select whatever the type of rewards you are interested in (accessories, certified service, etc).  In my case, I selected "Chevrolet Accessories Allowance", then you will see a drop down for the dollar to points.  In your case, you can select 50.00 and it will cost you 10,000 points.  Click Redeem Now and you can print the voucher.  Take that voucher to the dealer and they can take that off the price of whatever you obtain.  

Please note that the voucher has an expiration date, so be sure to utilize before they expire.  You can avoid expiration by not completing the process I referenced above, until you are ready to do so.  Hope that helps.

FYI:  It took about 2 days for the 20,000 points to hit my account after the vehicle purchase. 

Final Note:  Dealerships know next to nothing when it comes to topic like this.  Randomly poll 10 different sales guys and you will get 10 different answers.  Their lack of knowledge on most topics is pathetic.  Only thing worse then the sales department is the service department.  The sales people look like rocket scientist in comparison. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 10.05.31 AM.png

Thanks, that all worked. Got my center console tray. Nothing like showing them how to do there job. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tulsa said:

I had to call in to get my 20,000 points also.  They threw in another 1500 points for my trouble.  Now to decide what to get.

I just called them and they did the exact thing for me. An additional 1,500 points for the long wait and trouble.

2 hours ago, lord.kinbote said:

No, you can use them online and have the product ship directly to you.

Just redeemed my points and took this screen shot. Seems you can’t use your points online according to this. I wanted to stack the 20% off discount and reward points on a new tonneau cover.

4CB39E1C-DCD5-47E6-BFA7-00B8782FD060.jpeg