Ever wonder how you survived when you didn't have a truck?

I've only had this Custom DC 4x4 for 2 weeks and can't believe I already have over 1000 flawless miles on her. I've already made three junk hauling trips and one delivery of equipment that I sold locally. I'm averaging just under 20mpg just tooling around town with steep hills. She's a bit of a plain Jane, but very capable and actually quite fun to drive. Boy, I've missed having a truck these past 4 years. Anyone else find it amazing that you survived without one (assuming there was a time when you didn't own a truck)?

• Like 1

Always had a truck since I had a license but unfortunately surviving without one right now. Think it’s probably the first time ever. Not easy. There’s already been a couple of things I’ve had to put off doing for work because I don’t have mine back yet. And this weekend the boat will have to stay in the driveway at this point.

Actually thinking of selling one of my toys to buy a little S10 or something as a backup.

Edited by OnTheReel

I just go my first Truck, before that I had a FJ Cruiser.  Previous to that, I was a car person and had a couple sports cars.  I still have a sports car now that is my daily driver.  My truck, like the FJ is my weekend/evening vehicle for specific tasks like hauling the boat or other toys.  I got the Silverado because I needed something My FJ didn't have, a bed.  I recently had back surgery, so loading things to the top of my FJ was more of a hassle.  The FJ drives better than my Silverado and is more capable off-road, but I am liking the Silverado more and more.  I miss my FJ, but only for the rock solid quality, the purpose built ability, comfortable ride, and its iconic status.  My FJ was a 2013 with $48K miles.. I just about paid for my truck, and I still didn't get what I could have for it.  The FJ is increasing in value daily...  

I love the Silverado for all the things it does better.  it tows better, it has a bed that I just LOVE!  The jump seat, leather, creature comforts, space, and looks are nice.  I got a double cab and the longer bed.  I can toss my kayaks or bike in it so fast.  My hunting gear goes in easily as well in my tool box.

One thing I really liked about the FJ was the uncarpeted floor.  I just purchased floor liners for the truck that covers all carpet.  I am happy with that.

I just hope this Chevy lasts and gives me zero problems like my FJ did.

Bought my 1st truck, a 99 Silverado in Nov of 98. Have had a truck ever since then with the exception being from last Dec to just a week ago because the frame on my 2008 Silverado rusted away. The 2008 only had 61k miles on it when the frame broke. Anyway I bought my 2019 Silverado Z71 last week and now I'm back in a truck. ?

• Like 2

Waiting for my 2010 (sept 09 - nov 09) was rough. First weekend after I sold my 2000 we did a bathroom renovation. Had an 08 Tahoe at the time. Almost had to leave my wife in the Lowe’s parking lot due to having the Tahoe packed full of supplies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

This is my first truck.  My family has always had trucks.  My brother and all my cousins have trucks.  I was the odd one always having sports cars.  Now that I have the Silverado, I am hooked on a truck and can’t see going back to a car.

My first truck was a 2001 Ranger, 2WD reg cab with the 2.3L and 5-speed. That was a fun little hauler. Got rid of it when we had a kid and needed a back seat; we had wagons and SUV's, but it wasn't the same.

When I bought my last house (fixer-upper) I needed a truck again, and got a 2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn quad cab. Hauled, towed, threw bikes in the back on a regular basis.

Sold that house from under me and have been renting until the kid graduates, at which point I'll be looking for property again in another town. But even in a rental, I often found myself wanting or needing a truck. Glad to be back in one finally.