HIGH OCTANE FUEL 6.2L

18 minutes ago, Taz56 said:

In Canada (Calgary Alberta) I only run Premium and typically fill at Petro-Canada or ESSO. Octane levels differ form station to station.

Petro-Canada has 91 at all stations and 94 at many stations. I run the 94 when I am at Petro-Canada

ESSO has a 91 at all stations and a 93 at many. I run 93 when I am at ESSO

Husky has a 91 at all stations and a 94 at many

Shell tops out at 91, they do not offer anything higher.

And "IF" you can run it, there is one and only one station in all of Calgary that carries E85

G&B Fuels - E85 (varies from 100-106 octane) https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-0801-e85-ethanol-alternative-fuel/

And on top of that it costs less than "regular" gasoline.

I guess since this is an E85 thread, this may be a moot point, but the Petro-Can 91 and 94 have ethanol in them while the Esso/ Mobil 91 and 93 do not. 

16 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I guess since this is an E85 thread, this may be a moot point,

Sorry I read high octane in the title and made a post. I did not realize this is just for E85. My bad.

Edited by Taz56

38 minutes ago, Taz56 said:

In Canada (Calgary Alberta) I only run Premium and typically fill at Petro-Canada or ESSO. Octane levels differ form station to station.

Petro-Canada has 91 at all stations and 94 at many stations. I run the 94 when I am at Petro-Canada

ESSO has a 91 at all stations and a 93 at many. I run 93 when I am at ESSO

Husky has a 91 at all stations and a 94 at many

Shell tops out at 91, they do not offer anything higher.

And "IF" you can run it, there is one and only one station in all of Calgary that carries E85

G&B Fuels - E85 (varies from 100-106 octane) https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-0801-e85-ethanol-alternative-fuel/

And on top of that it costs less than "regular" gasoline.

I suggest if you are running 94 from Petro, switch to husky. When i was tuning and datalogging my evo i was running 94 from husky. Petro came out with 94 shortly after so i emptied the tank and switch to that. Saw up to 7 counts of knock consistantly on wot.  Thinking it was just a bad batch of gas i drove till empty. Tried a different petro station, same thing. Got rid of that gas and went back to Husky....no knock.  I have tuned my Kawasaki H2 on Husky 94 as well. Their gas is alot more consistent.

2 hours ago, Snakes709 said:

I suggest if you are running 94 from Petro, switch to husky. When i was tuning and datalogging my evo i was running 94 from husky. Petro came out with 94 shortly after so i emptied the tank and switch to that. Saw up to 7 counts of knock consistantly on wot.  Thinking it was just a bad batch of gas i drove till empty. Tried a different petro station, same thing. Got rid of that gas and went back to Husky....no knock.  I have tuned my Kawasaki H2 on Husky 94 as well. Their gas is alot more consistent.

I'll check that out. Husky is a much further drive for me (none around my house at all) but if it is going to help, I am in.

15 minutes ago, Taz56 said:

I'll check that out. Husky is a much further drive for me (none around my house at all) but if it is going to help, I am in.

I mean will it help with a stock truck, probably not, no more then 91 would   But something modified, yea it will.

6 minutes ago, Snakes709 said:

I mean will it help with a stock truck, probably not, no more then 91 would   But something modified, yea it will.

Modified LOL