White Letter Tires

7 minutes ago, drucker said:

I have yet to find a white letter tire for the 22s. Does anyone know of a tire? I would like a 33/12.5r22 if possible.

I haven't seen any but be careful with a 12.5" wide tire on an OEM 22" wheel, I'm almost positive on the 22" OEM wheels a 12.5" will hit the upper control arm. My current tires are 305-45R22's and they are less than 1/2 inch away and they measure out to be 11.6" wide.

8 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I haven't seen any but be careful with a 12.5" wide tire on an OEM 22" wheel, I'm almost positive on the 22" OEM wheels a 12.5" will hit the upper control arm. My current tires are 305-45R22's and they are less than 1/2 inch away and they measure out to be 11.6" wide.

I sure don't wanna run a spacer.

14 minutes ago, drucker said:

They would still look better than black wall.

You could go old school and buy tire paint or the new tire stickers that work somewhat well. 

44 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

You could go old school and buy tire paint or the new tire stickers that work somewhat well. 

I don't see why they don't make one side white and one side black like they did before. 

20 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Come on now white letter tires went out of style back in the 80s.

I didn't start driving until 2002 and I always had white letters. I guess I don't like the new style of things. 

On 8/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, drucker said:

I don't see why they don't make one side white and one side black like they did before. 

I imagine it's because a lot of tires these days are directional tread.  Both sides have to look the same since each side will face out depending which side you put them on.

Edited by Daverado

23 minutes ago, Daverado said:

I imagine it's because a lot of tires these days are directional tread.  Both sides have to look the same since each side will face out depending which side you put them on.

You could be right.