So I’ve been on the hunt for some quality tow mirrors for a while now and haven’t had any luck. Any of the ones I find on amazon either say they don’t fit my vehicle or the reviews are not so good and just nothing really promising that what I get will fit or work completely. I have a 2014 1500. If anyone else has upgraded to tow mirrors on their 1500 any links/recommendations/information would be appreciated. Couple pictures attachedD88BA3EE-6398-49FB-AF41-8D4283685555.thumb.jpeg.709414fd27a5c602d236f30ecb8d4fd7.jpeg

AF25FF0C-F893-4B95-B595-80BA37E8E5ED.jpeg

Look up PGAMBOA's entry regarding this topic. It's a few years old, but has a lot of detail and many people have chimed in throughout the years (including me). He has a YouTube channel as well. This guy's the man when it comes to such details...PGAMBOA will tell you what's what. In short, there are too many unknowns, variables and questions from what you provided -- you'll need (to understand) RPO codes, when your truck was "made" and, more specifically, what your current mirrors have for options, etc., along with what options you want/need in the TMs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hewitt0311 said:

YSo I’ve been on the hunt for some quality tow mirrors for a while now and haven’t had any luck. Any of the ones I find on amazon either say they don’t fit my vehicle or the reviews are not so good and just nothing really promising that what I get will fit or work completely. I have a 2014 1500. If anyone else has upgraded to tow mirrors on their 1500 any links/recommendations/information would be appreciated. Couple pictures attachedD88BA3EE-6398-49FB-AF41-8D4283685555.thumb.jpeg.709414fd27a5c602d236f30ecb8d4fd7.jpeg

Pgamboa is definitely the person to pm for answers to all of your wiring and mirror related questions.  He is very approachable and truly knows his stuff!   When I look at your trailer and truck setup. I wonder if you've considered a' wireless camera setup?  Your boat is narrow when compared to most travel trailers allowing your stock mirrors to meet most of your needs.  The significant blind spot is behind your boat which can be fully visible with a wireless camera.  Check out Haloview wireless cameras or others on Amazon.  I went this route with my narrow (7') travel trailer and have a full 180 degree view directly behind my trailer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Pgamboa is definitely the person to pm for answers to all of your wiring and mirror related questions.  He is very approachable and truly knows his stuff!   When I look at your trailer and truck setup. I wonder if you've considered a' wireless camera setup?  Your boat is narrow when compared to most travel trailers allowing your stock mirrors to meet most of your needs.  The significant blind spot is behind your boat which can be fully visible with a wireless camera.  Check out Haloview wireless cameras or others on Amazon.  I went this route with my narrow (7') travel trailer and have a full 180 degree view directly behind my trailer.

Thanks I’ve read through his thread and gonna order through him since he makes the wiring harness I’ll need and everything. But yeah the mirrors I have now do just fine for towing my boat since it is relatively narrow, I’m primarily wanting to upgrade for looks 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hewitt0311 said:

Thanks I’ve read through his thread and gonna order through him since he makes the wiring harness I’ll need and everything. But yeah the mirrors I have now do just fine for towing my boat since it is relatively narrow, I’m primarily wanting to upgrade for looks 

I agree about the looks!  I do like the looks and awesome visibility afforded by tow mirrors!

@Hewitt0311

A few things...

You'll want to stay away from the$150-$200 Tow Mirrors you find on Amazon/eBay.  Many of them are not internally wired correctly.  Since MANY of these sellers source their mirrors from the same place, most of them are built very similarly/poorly.  Some of the wiring issues are things like - Running Light landed and/or tied with the Turn Signal.  This causes a voltage backfeed.  Another issue is passenger mirror up/down, left/right control are backwards...

If you want a budget tow mirror that is wired properly, there is a mirror by SYPPO that is weird right and priced around $250 mark.  Next after SYPPO will be the Trail Ridge banded mirrors sold by AM Auto and 1A Auto.  These range from $300 ish (manual fold), up to $650 ish for Power Fold.  Then finally, GM Factory Mirrors.  These range from $495 - $555 for Manual Fold and $1058 for Power Fold.  

I have not have my hands on a Boost Auto mirror set.  So I cannot provide any 1st hand experience or opinion on them.

The amount of effort needed to successfully install tow mirrors (for your 2014 truck) will be the same regardless if you go with Manual Fold or Power Fold - So make the right choice the first time :)

As for harnesses, you will need a set of door harnesses for this upgrade.  In addition to door harnesses, you WILL also need a Jumper Harness.  This Jumper harness is needed for the inside cabin and under the hood.  For all 2014 and early 2015 trucks, GM didn't land the tow mirror circuits to the door jamb.  So even with a door harness swap, you'll be missing the other half of the wiring.  

If you select a power fold mirror set, you'll need to swap the power adjust switch with a power fold/adjust one.  

Hope this helps.  

Here are some pricing details

$495 - GM Factory Tow Mirrors, Manual Fold, Black Textured Caps

$555 - GM Factory Tow Mirrors, Manual Fold, Chrome Caps

$1058 - GM Factory Tow Mirrors, Power Fold, Chrome OR Black Textured Caps

$70 - GM Factory Switch - ONLY needed if you get Power Fold Mirrors

$285 - $310 - Custom Door Harnesses - There is a $100 refund if you send me your factory harnesses once done.

$125 - Jumper Harness - Inside Cabin/Under the Hood Harness

Lead times for mirrors - ships in a few days

Lead times for harnesses - ships in 3-4 weeks

Thanks,

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 12:44 PM, shadrickjm said:

Boast Auto Parts make a great tow mirror.  Fitment and quality are just like the factory tow mirrors.

1772757639_Frontview.thumb.jpg.0886fffa674ed521f2deefa861e7e40a.jpg

I second Boost Auto Parts Mirrors.  I had a set on my Canyon before I traded up to my Silverado.  I now have a set of the power fold mirrors on my 2018.  I love them and they have great customer service.  Quick to respond to any questions you have.  Can't go wrong with Boost (they sell kits to modify the harness) or with pgamboa!

• Like 1