ZL6 come with G80?

My LT has the ZL6 package but its unclear to me from the literature if that included an oil cooler, 3.42 gear, 9.5" shaft, G80, big alternator, etc. or not.

Anyone know for sure what comes with the ZL6 option hardware wise?

15 minutes ago, zzrsouth said:

My LT has the ZL6 package but its unclear to me from the literature if that included an oil cooler, 3.42 gear, 9.5" shaft, G80, big alternator, etc. or not.

Send a message to GM's facebook page and ask them for your build sheet. 

Within 30 minutes they will send it to you. All they need is your VIN and email address.

1 hour ago, zzrsouth said:

ZL6 is not a "trailering package" in the mechanical sense. 

ZL6 - Advanced Trailering Package, includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with hitch view, (U1D) Advanced Trailering System and (PTT) Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System

To get ZL6 however, the truck must have optioned in, on LT trim, the PCM Convenience Package II, and either (Z82) Trailering Package with (JL1) trailer brake controller or (NHT) Max Trailering Package. 

If you just have Z82, you have the standard trailering package, so with a 5.3 you get the standard 9.5" axle, 3.23 gears with the 8 speed, hitch, hitch guidance and G80 locker. 

If you have NHT max trailer, you will have the 3.42 gearing, 9.76" axle and heavier cooling over the standard trailer package. 

Edited by newdude