Adding Tailgate Handle to RST

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BriBoy01 said:

When folded does it fold down or forward? I have an Undercover UltraFlex hard cover and trying to determine if it will fit. 

It folds straight down. Step dad just got a new Sierra SLT and loves it. Calls it his old mans step handle!!  LOL. I found it very useful to use. I am thinking of adding this to my High Country 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 4:24 PM, Snuff said:

Thought I would share a picture of the GMC Tailgate Handle on my RST. I ordered it from the GMC Dealer and installed it in 5 minutes. It works great and very useful to this old man.

E6B5CF3C-E1A1-4CB3-88BA-E83D788081D6.jpeg

Yes, that would be a great option, but my bedrails are using some of the mounting holes that this GMC product appears to use, so I can't use it unfortunately.

21 Denali 1500

Retrax mx bedcover (they poly one...)

Handle does not interfere with the rails.

I still use the the bumper step with stake pocket for a handle more often than opening the multipro inner and folding down the handle.  

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, BriBoy01 said:

I ordered one of these and it did not come with the hardware to mount it. Can anyone confirm theirs included the hardware?

Ordered my Tailgate Handle a week ago from my dealer and I can confirm it doesn't come with the hardware.

I will post the hardware part numbers as soon as I receive my order and confirm the three hardware part numbers.

BTW the correct Tailgate Handle part number is now 84726114. 

I'll also will post some pictures of all the parts before it's installed as it's a simple install. 

Looking forward to try this handle out as I'm having trouble accessing the truck's bed area.  

6 hours ago, Rubyralph said:

I ordered my Tailgate Handle a week ago from my dealer and I can confirm it doesn't come with the hardware.

I will post the GM hardware part numbers as soon as I receive my order and confirm the three hardware part numbers.

BTW the correct Tailgate Handle part number is now 84726114. 

I'll also will post some pictures of all the parts before it's installed as it's a simple install. 

I'm looking forward to try this handle out as I'm having trouble accessing the truck's bed area.  

Well I no longer than sent this out and I got a call that my parts were in so here yo go:

Parts required for my truck's steel box with the one piece tailgate:

Tailgate Handle part number is now 84726114. 

Hardware for factory DIY Tailgate Handle install:

Backup plate bracket 84338560.

8mm-1.25 nuts for backup plate 11546459 (2 required)

8mm-1.25x 24.5 long bolt for truck box 11602770 (I re-tapped the box threads as my factory spray-in liner required it)

Works great for me, hope this helps! 

1306369215_handlehardware.thumb.jpg.9f9093848b965ddef48093e0d40021a7.jpg

Edited by Rubyralph
spelling