Adding Tailgate Handle to RST

Thought I would share a picture of the GMC Tailgate Handle on my RST. I ordered it from the GMC Dealer and installed it in 5 minutes. It works great and very useful to this old man.

E6B5CF3C-E1A1-4CB3-88BA-E83D788081D6.jpeg

• Like 4

Nicely done. Simple and nice idea to borrow from Sierra. Lets you plug the stake holes & makes the bed rails more appealing & uniform from cab to tailgate IMO.

Be careful with hard folding tonneaus if that might be next on the menu. The rails are notched to clear that assist handle when folded down in storage position & clamps move towards the cab in some cases.

Edited by Wheelguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jricharc said:

Did your truck come with the bed rail caps? Mine didn't have the back two.

Those are intentionally left open as they're intended to be used as grab areas when using the steps build into the bumpers (cut outs on each end of the bumper).  They're kind of pointless IMO if you happen to have a multipro tailgate & use those steps versus the ones built into the bumper.  I bought the caps sold on ebay made by some guy in IN (Schildmeier) & they match & fit perfect.

Edited by Wheelguy
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 7:24 PM, Snuff said:

Thought I would share a picture of the GMC Tailgate Handle on my RST. I ordered it from the GMC Dealer and installed it in 5 minutes. It works great and very useful to this old man.

E6B5CF3C-E1A1-4CB3-88BA-E83D788081D6.jpeg

You have a part number for this?

• 1 month later...