Anyone driving a gasser yet? Mileage?

Just curious if anyone running a new gas 3/4 yet, what kinda mileage are u getting? I was in the market 4 a 1500 6.2 at4, and now that u can build the 2020s online a gas at4 2500 is almost identical in pricing, so I'm thinking about going that route when they start showing up, right now all I c is diesel's 

Just curious if anyone running a new gas 3/4 yet, what kinda mileage are u getting? I was in the market 4 a 1500 6.2 at4, and now that u can build the 2020s online a gas at4 2500 is almost identical in pricing, so I'm thinking about going that route when they start showing up, right now all I c is diesel's 

Here’s one.
http://www.weldcountygarage.com/VehicleDetails/new-2020-GMC-Sierra_2500HD-Crew_Cab_Standard_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_AT4-Greeley-CO/3471668783

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t remember if it is on this forum or the Facebook page dedicated to these trucks but someone came from the west coast to the Midwest to pick one up. I think it was 1,500 miles and did a write up about driving it home. He had mileage reports including over the mountains. I will send it if a stumble across it again. 

I'm still on my first tank. The DIC is showing 13 with obviously lots of idling and showing it around on the first tank. Not quite 300 miles yet, so it may or may not improve. Did go on a short trip and saw a 25 mile avg of 18.7 and a 50 mile avg of 18 flat.

I'd take that, should improve a hair once broke in to, I was lining myself up to buy a 6.2 at4 crew,  but dam a nice 2500 sle with buckets and console is only 55k sticker bye me, and even pricing out a gas at4 it's almost the same price for the options I'd want

I'm kinda in the same boat you are with the 6.2  I just got a small farm last year and I now have a 52hp tractor and implements.  I also have a hunting club about 25 miles away.  I was looking at a cc standard bed with a 6.2 and the ones I'm finding are stickering in the 61,500 to 63,000 range.  A nice SLT 6.6 will probably be same money and an SLE will be a good bit less.  Problem is I drive about 45k a year with my job in MY truck....currently in a 2014 cc standard bed with 5.3 and 33" tires.  getting an average of 18mpg now.

If the 6.6 gasser will avg 18 unloaded...heck I'd be ok with that.

Yupper, I only tow my boat, nd snowmobile trailer, boat is all of 9500 pounds, loaded for camping long weekends  maybe 11k, my 5.3 1500 crew is maxed, but with a perfectly balanced trailer, trailer brakes it actually performs very well, but I also don't go out trying to be big rigger either set the cruise at about 62 and go. The ramp is 1 mile from my house, other the 2/3 trips a year about 200 each trip my towing is not a lot, but I drive 20k a year,  so,,,,,,, but If the mileage is 13/14 mixed use I'm going to choose a 2500, everyone I know with the 6.0 only get 9/10 

Also I'm a tad concerned about the towing on the 19, my buddy had a 2015 5.3 3.42 towing 7k and now bought a 19 5.4 and they all seem to come 3.23 rears and has noticed a difference just around town, my hope is the 6.2l makes up for the gear change, but Idk honestly 

I was really hoping that the 3.0 turbo diesel would come with max towing package and hit the 12k lb towing range that the 6.2 does...that would be best of both worlds for me.  But.....it doesn't and it appears that getting hot could be an issue with the 3.0 and loads above about 9K.  I could really use 30mpg with my work.  

With that being said....I'm getting 18mpg avg now with my 5.3 but can't tow squat.  so If I can avg somewhere close to that and still tow over 10K I'd be happy.  I know the 6.2 would probably be a better option with mileage unloaded but dang I like the looks of the 2500HD.

My local gm dealership received their first last week.  The 2020 2500/3500's look great in pictures and absolutely outstanding in real life!  Too bad they have yet to offer a more fuel efficient gas engine upgrade.

• Like 1

I'm kinda in the same boat you are with the 6.2  I just got a small farm last year and I now have a 52hp tractor and implements.  I also have a hunting club about 25 miles away.  I was looking at a cc standard bed with a 6.2 and the ones I'm finding are stickering in the 61,500 to 63,000 range.  A nice SLT 6.6 will probably be same money and an SLE will be a good bit less.  Problem is I drive about 45k a year with my job in MY truck....currently in a 2014 cc standard bed with 5.3 and 33" tires.  getting an average of 18mpg now.

If the 6.6 gasser will avg 18 unloaded...heck I'd be ok with that.

Highly doubt anyone will get that average in the new 3/4 unless strictly highway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Highly doubt anyone will get that average in the new 3/4 unless strictly highway

Takes a lot of highway to get the  45,000 per year that was mentioned. 

Of course it also matters if highway means 80 mph or 60 mph.....

Takes a lot of highway to get the  45,000 per year that was mentioned. 

Of course it also matters if highway means 80 mph or 60 mph.....

It also depends on the speed limit but its highly unlikely a 3/4 ton will be getting 18 on the highway but hey, you never know. I’ve gotten 23 mpg with my 6.2 before I lifted and put new wheels and tires on it and now at 65 mph I’m getting 19 but who the heck drives the speed limit, most of all why look at a 3/4 just to put on lots of miles unless you tow something heavy and if that’s the case, forget getting even 15.

22 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

It also depends on the speed limit but its highly unlikely a 3/4 ton will be getting 18 on the highway but hey, you never know. I’ve gotten 23 mpg with my 6.2 before I lifted and put new wheels and tires on it and now at 65 mph I’m getting 19 but who the heck drives the speed limit, most of all why look at a 3/4 just to put on lots of miles unless you tow something heavy and if that’s the case, forget getting even 15.

My 2500 dmax will get 25 on flat ground with little or no wind, as long as I run 55-60 and don't have to kick it out of cruise very often.  Repeated it many many times on several 2 lane runs I do frequently. 

But it doesn't take much town/city driving to ensure that my tank averages are never that high.  Last few fills have been just over 20, which is slightly better than what it was giving last summer.