PAC RP5-GM11 Interface & Aftermarket....

Okay, First time listener, first time caller... Sorry just had to. When I get frustrated I handle it with humor.

So, what I have is this issue. I purchased 7" In Dash 7010B from Wish and bench tested power up ✅
Then I ordered the PAC RP5-GM11 Interface. Wired up as instructed. And viola, no power. 
I then searched for NO POWER (PAC) and came upon the Tech Bulletin. Completed those instructions, and NADA. 

I've got nothing. So, yesterday, I contacted service on Wish & Amazon to start over. Have a new/different radio coming, and a new RP5 coming.

Who has successfully wired these RP5's into a suburban? 
Is the selector correct to be on 7(Other)?
Obviously, I am doing something wrong...

Any help would be appreciated.

j-vet

First thing you need to do is check your wiring. The Chevrolet doesn’t have a accessory power wire in the factory harness. So you have to pull accessory power from the fuse block. You need to wire the accessory wire into a 12v wire that only gets power when the key is turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes the setting should have to be on other. The setting would have nothing to do with it getting power. The setting will control if it works or not with the specific brand headunit. Recheck the wiring and go through the PAC manual and make sure everything is right.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, casey.mikl said:

First thing you need to do is check your wiring. The Chevrolet doesn’t have a accessory power wire in the factory harness. So you have to pull accessory power from the fuse block. You need to wire the accessory wire into a 12v wire that only gets power when the key is turned on.

Thanks Casey,  I had that "wait a minute" gut feeling. [It has been a few years since I had installed a new head. But I figured still had the technical sense to do it.  This was starting to kick my six. Had to walk away too many times. Will look at that when I get home. Again thanks...

2 hours ago, casey.mikl said:

Yes the setting should have to be on other. The setting would have nothing to do with it getting power. The setting will control if it works or not with the specific brand headunit. Recheck the wiring and go through the PAC manual and make sure everything is right.

I rechecked everything, except that accessory wire which you just mentioned. As before, I will route that when I get home. Thanks again. Hope this is the culprit. ?‍♂️?

When I installed my Pioneer AVH4000NEX in my truck, I used the RP3-GM11 wiring harness, which worked just fine and provided enough power (10A IIRC) for the radio without needing to run a separate relay/power wire from the battery.  I did screw up and briefly shorted the power wire during testing when the connections weren't wrapped up, and burned a trace on the power circuit board, and after fixing that, it's been working fine for the past 4 years or so.

The wiring harness provides both continuous power to retain radio settings, and the main power properly using RAP, and your harness should do the same, you shouldn't need to run any other power wires.  It (at least from what I could tell) responds to the trucks computer commands about RAP, and turns a relay on/off to match for providing power to the radio.

Edited by davester

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Way late to the conversation but im trying to install a pr5-gm11 but have no power. I tried to run 12v accessory wire to the red wires on the ro5 and the radio harness but still no power. Any ideas or guidance?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I installed a cheap aftermarket android head unit in my 07 Trailblazer with OnStar no Bose/amp used the RP5-GM11. Got no power from acc wire. I ran a red wire to my Ignition Acc 2 wire since It tapped, I was installing a remote start also. Radio great, but the pac chime does not work and have no steering wheel controls for radio.

• 1 month later...