Anyone know part number for trailer camera that plugs into ports on rear bumper?

in my experience it should work ...the connection is on the truck, not the 'trailer' so no reason it shouldn't work.

The length of the cable is 55+ feet.  I found a hole in the gooseneck and ran the cord up into trailer, then tacked it up all the way to the rear and back out to mount camera on back of trailer.  Before i did that, i just ran it on the outside of the trailer with some zip ties to make sure it worked...  

So i have a bit of a different situation. I tow a large boat. Tri-Axle trailer, approximately 45' in length. I want to place the camera on the rear of my boat, make some kind of mount but want to make the camera removable for when I back it into the water as to not get the camera wet, also to be able to remove the camera so no ones steals it as it won't be as permanently mounted as on a large fifth wheel horse or rv type trailer. I was thinking of trying to find a way to put in a connector in which I could unplug to remove the camera. Any thoughts?

Edited by dkramer

13 hours ago, cdnSpinalTap said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Invisible Trailer feature works with a fifth wheel?  Also, is there a length limitation on Invisible Trailer?

Thanks.

Full disclosure:  I don’t know the answer to your question.  What I do know, however, is that the “invisible trailer’” view is a composite image of multiple cameras with each providing its respective input.  With clever logic, fast processing, and a bit of witchcraft, your screen displays this magical view.  When setting up the invisible trailer option, you have to enter quite some data (dimensions, spacing, etc.) for your specific Trailer/TV combo.  As long as the input ranges are conducive to your combo, I could imagine this might work for you.

Has anybody been successful implementing this technology on their fiver?  I’d like to see how it works for you.

1 hour ago, dkramer said:

The cable is apparently rg58 a thinner type of coax. Can’t just splice it but could get connectors Like you would with “normal” coax. The camera housing comes apart and you could disconnect it at the camera but that would probably be more trouble than it’s worth-small screws to deal

with. 

C6A65996-5E55-4AE8-8BCF-A92CF4089CD2.jpeg

51 minutes ago, hptulsa said:

C6A65996-5E55-4AE8-8BCF-A92CF4089CD2.jpeg

Definitely aware splicing would not work. More than likely will try to get my hands on some of the cable and connectors and do a test run before cutting into the camera cable!

55 minutes ago, MTU Alum said:

Transparent trailer does not work with GN and fifth wheels.

#iworkforGM 

Thank you - that's what I figured - just wanted to confirm.

I can still connect a camera to the back of the trailer to view behind the fifth wheel, correct?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok, ready to try to modify my cable/harness with a basic push on rg58.  I had ripped off the original connector and for me, it's too difficult to make a new one, so i am not concerned about the waterproof connector.  Just trying to make sure i order the right parts/tools to make a simple push on connection.  

Can anyone guide me with exact part numbers? ie, are these 'c', 'smc' connectors?  do i need the female end for the cable end? again, i'm just trying to put a connector onto the cable end, not the truck end...

Thank you for any help!

4256DB48-2AE7-45B5-92E0-EC3F31B6A818.heic 4FF6783A-D5A7-44DE-AA44-472B0FC88CB2.heic

• 5 weeks later...

TIMAYZ is absolutely correct!! It is an IEC PAL DVB European connector. You can buy adapters off Amazon to adapt the plug on the bumper connection to either F style or BNC, search amazon. I confirmed this today and it fits perfect with this adapter :

uxcell 2pcs Antenna CATV TV FM PAL Female to F Female Jack RF Coax Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0084CCDWE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zqiVEbGG4ZTNS

Edited by Rjsires

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, hptulsa said:

ok, ready to try to modify my cable/harness with a basic push on rg58.  I had ripped off the original connector and for me, it's too difficult to make a new one, so i am not concerned about the waterproof connector.  Just trying to make sure i order the right parts/tools to make a simple push on connection.  

Can anyone guide me with exact part numbers? ie, are these 'c', 'smc' connectors?  do i need the female end for the cable end? again, i'm just trying to put a connector onto the cable end, not the truck end...

Thank you for any help!

4256DB48-2AE7-45B5-92E0-EC3F31B6A818.heic 1.65 MB · 26 downloads 4FF6783A-D5A7-44DE-AA44-472B0FC88CB2.heic 569.66 kB · 19 downloads

Hello, i ended up doing the same thing last weekend and ripped the wire out. Where you able to fix it? i would like to find a way to add a connector into the bed for my 5th wheel. thanks for the help in advance