Anyone know part number for trailer camera that plugs into ports on rear bumper?

14 minutes ago, Gecko50 said:

Sdlam, is the connector molded to the cable? Can it be taken apart for conector repair. Also will a standard RCA cable fit on the end to extend the factory cable? 

Honestly I put zero effort into trying to take it apart. And I didnt need any additional length so I didnt try. 

Thanks I appreciate it. If anyone has one of the cameras could you post up some additional info. I did notice the corrugated plastic cover / loom. Wonder what is the OD of that too.

Chuck.

Chuck.

11 hours ago, Gecko50 said:

Thanks I appreciate it. If anyone has one of the cameras could you post up some additional info. I did notice the corrugated plastic cover / loom. Wonder what is the OD of that too.

Chuck.

Chuck.

The wire loom is 1/2" on mine.

Measured it to put it inside some stick-on conduit kinda stuff.

2 hours ago, Sunshine39 said:

The wire loom is 1/2" on mine.

Measured it to put it inside some stick-on conduit kinda stuff.

Can you take a detail picture of the cable on each end. Where it meets the connector and at the camera. What I am trying to figure IF the cable can be taken apart at either end without destroying the cable assembly. Also the possibility that the loom covering can be removed to the inner cable. Plastic loom usually is not very durable in sun an weather elements. Also IF a standard RCA jack can be extended. I have found on Amazon a HDMI quality cable extension. So this has great interest for me. I have a 48 foot trailer and this afternoon I will measure the entire run. 

Thanks Again

Chuck

5 hours ago, Gecko50 said:

Can you take a detail picture of the cable on each end. Where it meets the connector and at the camera. What I am trying to figure IF the cable can be taken apart at either end without destroying the cable assembly. Also the possibility that the loom covering can be removed to the inner cable. Plastic loom usually is not very durable in sun an weather elements. Also IF a standard RCA jack can be extended. I have found on Amazon a HDMI quality cable extension. So this has great interest for me. I have a 48 foot trailer and this afternoon I will measure the entire run. 

Thanks Again

Chuck

This is what it mine looks like. Also checked and looks like about 60-65 feet long.

Loom is not a split loom. 

back of connector.JPG

camera.JPG

Connector End.JPG

Connector seals.JPG

Label.JPG

On 9/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, Sunshine39 said:

This is what it mine looks like. Also checked and looks like about 60-65 feet long.

Loom is not a split loom. 

back of connector.JPG

camera.JPG

Connector End.JPG

Connector seals.JPG

Label.JPG

Thanks for great pictures. I measured my run and its 62.5 LF. So it appears that tar tape at the bumper connector is more than likely a access point to the inner conductors. On the camera end it appears the corrugated tube is heat shrunk to the camera exit cable. If it is truly    65 LF it would be half of the challenge done. So when GM decides to open the dually production run, then I could order my truck and cameras.

I wo der IF GM has a complete part breakdown of the entire assembly? Any GM engineers have that access? 

Thank You

Chuck

Edited by Gecko50

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 5:29 PM, sdelam said:

Trailer is in for repairs but the cord wont fit through a 1/2" conduit with the end attached. It has 2 "pull handles" attached to to the plug that are about an inch wide each set at 90 degrees from each other. 

20190725_171807.jpg

sdelam, I know you showed those finger pulls molded into the camera plug. What is the diameter of that plug where your thumb finger is at? I could modify it by carefully removing those finger pulls to allow me to pull the cable in. This would make it a lot easier for me. This is without the finger pulls.

Thank You

Chuck

Edited by Gecko50

I am working on a different issue, I think it is stupid to have the 4 pin trailer connector in the bed and the camera receptacle in the bumper.

we tow a 5th wheel, so I have swapped the position of the plugs, but the truck camera harness is too short to get the the back of the bed plug.

the connector pictures shown are different connectors than what is at the back of the bed and bumper plugs. Parts manager at dealer where i bought the truck says GM has no breakdown on service parts for the harness or connectors.

Ok. So I am following this thread, but I got lost along the way. Lol. I have just purchased a 2020 GMC 2500 AT4. I am having a trailer built and I need to get the cameras ordered to supply to the trailer builder. I want one in the inside of the trailer to see the contents. As well as one on the back to use the transparent trailer view.  Two dealers that I'm working with tell me that the cameras are not available to order through GM yet and there is no date as to when they will be available.  Does anyone know a part number of the cameras I need to order to make this work so I can get them to the trailer builder? Any help would be very appreciated. I can't anywhere with the dealers. No one seems to know anything about it.

58 minutes ago, Josh2500HDAT4 said:

Ok. So I am following this thread, but I got lost along the way. Lol. I have just purchased a 2020 GMC 2500 AT4. I am having a trailer built and I need to get the cameras ordered to supply to the trailer builder. I want one in the inside of the trailer to see the contents. As well as one on the back to use the transparent trailer view.  Two dealers that I'm working with tell me that the cameras are not available to order through GM yet and there is no date as to when they will be available.  Does anyone know a part number of the cameras I need to order to make this work so I can get them to the trailer builder? Any help would be very appreciated. I can't anywhere with the dealers. No one seems to know anything about it.

The 2020 HD part number cameras are not released yet. The 2019 1500 cameras are available and do work but dont address optmal placement for the invisable trailer view. I put mine at the top center of the trailer and have had diffculties getting that view to hold its calibration. Someone posted that in order to use that view the rear camera must be closer to the the height of the tailgate camera + a few inches. 

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2019-sierra-1500-auxiliary-trailer-camera-vehicles-with-trailer-camera-package-uvi/84580657-p-92301886.html

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/trailering/2020-silverado-2500-auxiliary-trailer-camera-vehicles-with-trailer-camera-package-uvi/84518122-p-92305265.html

3 hours ago, Josh2500HDAT4 said:

Thanks sdelam. Would this camera that you listed above also be the correct camera for inside the trailer to view contents as your traveling down the road?

I beleive its the same camera, just a matter of which plug you use.