Multi-Pro tailgate cover

I have a Bedrug but really need a tailgate cover, I keep checking Bedrug site but not out yet has anyone seen something to protect the tailgate for those times I actually use it as a truck. The plastic on the tailgate is very soft and I have learned very easy to mess up.

I'd protect it too.  I have a Silverado and was curious what the cost would be to install this tailgate on my Silverado....if it would even fit.  At the parts counter I stopped them when they were at the $3,000 mark.  There were still some odds and ends needed. It's a very expensive tailgate!

16 hours ago, Rob41 said:

I'd protect it too.  I have a Silverado and was curious what the cost would be to install this tailgate on my Silverado....if it would even fit.  At the parts counter I stopped them when they were at the $3,000 mark.  There were still some odds and ends needed. It's a very expensive tailgate!

It is a very expensive tailgate and when I bought my truck I thought it was a gimmick. The only reason I have it is that it came with the truck. I can truly say that its the best thing since slice bread, however. I use it almost every day and it makes life easier. GM has a gold mine on their hands with this tailgate. They are certifiable idiots if they dont have it on every single GM truck within the next few years...

I've been fortunate enough to have a few very nice cars that have been head turners over the years but I've never had attention like I've had in this truck. Its not actually the truck that gets the attention,  its the tailgate. I cant go to a gas station, restaurant, shopping without some random guy wanting to check out the tailgate and see how it operates...

I chuckle  when there is a random guy walking around in the bed of my truck after asking if he can use the step. Its happened on numerous occassions and its gotten to the point where my wife will say "get ready you've got a tailgate stalker coming over"..LOL

Edited by Chris walker

1 hour ago, Chris walker said:

It is a very expensive tailgate and when I bought my truck I thought it was a gimmick. The only reason I have it is that it came with the truck. I can truly say that its the best thing since slice bread, however. I use it almost every day and it makes life easier. GM has a gold mine on their hands with this tailgate. They are certifiable idiots if they dont have it on every single GM truck within the next few years...

I've been fortunate enough to have a few very nice cars that have been head turners over the years but I've never had attention like I've had in this truck. Its not actually the truck that gets the attention,  its the tailgate. I cant go to a gas station, restaurant, shopping without some random guy wanting to check out the tailgate and see how it operates...

I chuckle  when there is a random guy walking around in the bed of my truck after asking if he can use the step. Its happened on numerous occassions and its gotten to the point where my wife will say "get ready you've got a tailgate stalker coming over"..LOL

Yep same things happens to me, I picked the truck and didn’t even know it had the tailgate. It is no gimmick I love it! I use it all the time even my dog uses it, he figured out very quickly to use the step to get in the back. He doesn’t ride back there but likes to get in a look around. Guess he feels tall.

• Like 1

Found a possible solution. Paint on Bed liner called Herculiner. Videos all over the place on line how to install. I’m gonna buy a quart, take off the plastic tailgate pieces you have discussed and paint. 24.99 for a quart. Much cheaper than what Line Ex or someone may charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, Rob41 said:

Maybe I'll start keeping an eye on the junkyards in my area.

Repaint would be east, i have a friend with a spray booth.

Tom