2019 GMC SLT 4x4 crew cab 5.3 MPG.

New truck to me just over a week old. Returned from a 260 mile trip today right on 24 miles per gallon hwy driving some mixed city. Really happy with this truck much improvement over my old 2014 5.3 extended cab. 

• Like 1

I find that 24 MPG is pretty typical with the new DFM 5.3 trucks. I keep it down around 55-60 MPH on some of my local county highways and I've averaged over 25 MPG and even hit 28 MPG on one particularly flat highway. I hope DFM turns out to be a reliable system in the long run because I'm impressed with how smooth and fuel efficient it is.

I’ve driven 4200 miles in my 5.3L / 8spd RST, and I’m averaging 16.5mpg total. That’s 80% 30-45mph stoplight driving. I’m very impressed with that. My 2007 1500 was usually 12-13 avg. 

On hwy trips, I’ve been getting 20-22mpg doing 70-75mph. Excellent. 

I believe that my 6.2 does a better job on fuel economy than the average 5.3. . The 10 speed sure helps, With reasonable highway driving I can manage 26 to 27 daily. I have never towed with it . It does have ample power and when the pedal hits the firewall it goes.My 2016 6.2 was no where as quick as this truck but it still got good mileage.