Silverado 2019 TB - Bluetooth no longer works after Android Auto installed

Afternoon.  So before I installed Android Auto, bluetooth was working perfectly with my Samsung S9+ phone.  After I installed Android Auto, my phone indicates that it is connected to the truck via bluetooth, but the truck says the device is not connected when I select the phone from the touch screen.  If I connect the USB cable to the phone and truck, Android Auto loads and everything works fine.  Problem is, I do not always want to use Android Auto and would rather just use the bluetooth/phone to select music, etc.  I noticed, even if not connected with the USB cable, the Android Auto loads up when I get in the truck.  Is there a way to disable this so the functionality is the same as before installing Android Auto?

On 8/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, lord.kinbote said:

Afternoon.  So before I installed Android Auto, bluetooth was working perfectly with my Samsung S9+ phone.  After I installed Android Auto, my phone indicates that it is connected to the truck via bluetooth, but the truck says the device is not connected when I select the phone from the touch screen.  If I connect the USB cable to the phone and truck, Android Auto loads and everything works fine.  Problem is, I do not always want to use Android Auto and would rather just use the bluetooth/phone to select music, etc.  I noticed, even if not connected with the USB cable, the Android Auto loads up when I get in the truck.  Is there a way to disable this so the functionality is the same as before installing Android Auto?

There is a setting in the App itself.  Turn off "start App when Bluetooth connected" (or words to that effect.)  You don't want that.  The App will still load if you connect via USB.

Edited by DiverRick
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DiverRick said:

There is a setting in the App itself.  Turn off "start App when Bluetooth connected" (or words to that effect.)  You don't want that.  The App will still load if you connect via USB.

Sweet.  I found the setting and disabled.  I will test out today - appreciate the help!

33 minutes ago, Tbevo said:

i have this problem with apple carplay, everytime i hook up via usb cable, i have to repair the phone via bluetooth settings

This is odd you have this issue with apple.  My wife and I talk about how seamlessly the audio transfers when you unplug/plug in your phone between bluetooth and apple carplay.  Her jeep does not work nearly as well as my truck. I've had the truck about 4 months and haven't re-paired it since the day I got it.