Truck in transit eta?

Hello can someone tell me how long roughly until I should expect my truck after it is listed as in transit?

i know the dealer should tell me but I don’t always believe everything they say

i am in ct and ordered a Sierra Denali carbon pro so not sure which plant it is coming from but I believe Indiana 

thanks greatly

In the same boat playing a big game of hurry up & wait...

I'm on code 4200 during which my dealer claims there is nothing they can tell me until it gets offloaded at destination. It was already 4200 when i bought it and they estimated 2-3 weeks from then, but nothing solid.

Truck is coming from Fort Wayne to Kamloops Canada, no idea how long that is supposed to take...

56 minutes ago, killramos said:

I'm on code 4200 during which my dealer claims there is nothing they can tell me until it gets offloaded at destination. It was already 4200 when i bought it and they estimated 2-3 weeks from then, but nothing solid.

Truck is coming from Fort Wayne to Kamloops Canada, no idea how long that is supposed to take...

Was yours built and ordered by  yourself?

mine was A dealer shipment from gm and supposedly in transit when I purchased 

Edited by ndogg ct

Nah it was a truck that was in the system. It was one of 3 19's left in the country with the options i wanted and the incentives I wanted.

So same as yours, except mines in Canada if they changes anything... 

Go on Chevrolet.com and ask in the live chat. Although not super helpful they will give you the last event code so you can check if your dealer is telling the truth.

Mine was about 2 weeks in transit. Came from Mexico and dealer was in NorCal but it was stuck in the train yard 10 miles from my house for at least a week of it - very frustrating but worth the wait, shouldn’t be too long now!

17 minutes ago, killramos said:

Nah it was a truck that was in the system. It was one of 3 19's left in the country with the options i wanted and the incentives I wanted.

So same as yours, except mines in Canada if they changes anything... 

Ya I am sure it adds time crossing the border

good luck??

9 minutes ago, tinbad said:

Go on Chevrolet.com and ask in the live chat. Although not super helpful they will give you the last event code so you can check if your dealer is telling the truth.

Mine was about 2 weeks in transit. Came from Mexico and dealer was in NorCal but it was stuck in the train yard 10 miles from my house for at least a week of it - very frustrating but worth the wait, shouldn’t be too long now!

Thx??

My truck just hit 4800 status! it was produced on 7/24 in Silao and arrived at railyard on 8/2 then unloaded this AM! Fyi railyard is just west of Memphis Tenn and about 2.5 hour truck drive away from dealership! Talked to my salesman and they called the yard and it will be loaded by monday to arrive at dealership by tuesday am. Cant wait!

Keep in mind "in transit" means its in the hands of the shipper, it may not mean its moving,   They will be days it is sitting waiting on the next mode of transportation.    It all depends on train and trucking schedules. 

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, tinbad said:

My dealer has connections supposedly at the railyard and is making sure it is expedited since its already sold. OYu may be able to talk to the gm of yuor dealership and he can make a phone call. I seen on the computer at the dealership they have a few cars sitting since 7/23 awaiting trans to the dealership, they may be able to pick and choose to an extent what comes in first once it hits the ground at railyard.

Dealer try to pull strings might have the opposite effect, it will move slower. Try telling a truck driver to hurry up.  LOL

Edited by elcamino

On 8/2/2019 at 6:20 PM, killramos said:

Finally got an update on this, bought the truck on the 23rd and it was listed as 4200 in transit at that point already coming from Ft Wayne. Just got notice that it has landed in Vancouver today and is about to be shipped to Kamloops ( presumably by truck since its only a few hour drive ). From there the dealer needs to take possession of it formally before it will be transported to Calgary.

All that being said i think i will be LUCKY to have it by next weekend.

Sounds like in transit is easily 4+ weeks from Indiana to Canada from when the truck rolls off assembly line by my math.

Ugh now the delay is starting to bite me...

Got scheduled to go on a field tour with operations next Tuesday and instead of being able to take my cosy new AT4 I’ll have to rent a shitty single cab work truck for the trip, and the mileage bill out for the trip would have been a month of truck payments... damn.

My boss openly said, well I’m going to hold off renting a truck in case your new one shows up in time because those rentals suck. 

Edited by killramos