Have you done this before? I'm not finding anything. The reason is that the factory antenna and ones similar to it are close to 1/4 wavelength for the frequency they receive. Going longer isn't going to improve reception that much in a monopole configuration. There just isn't a reason to make one beyond about 31 inches.

If this is for aesthetics, get a big CB antenna and mount it however you want. That'll have some whip to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Have you done this before? I'm not finding anything. The reason is that the factory antenna and ones similar to it are close to 1/4 wavelength for the frequency they receive. Going longer isn't going to improve reception that much in a monopole configuration. There just isn't a reason to make one beyond about 31 inches.

If this is for aesthetics, get a big CB antenna and mount it however you want. That'll have some whip to it.

I am in shock someone who actually understands RF technology! 

• Like 1

You don't put a longer whip on your OEM antenna mount, a longer whip will put too much stress on the mount and most likely break it. I've seen plenty of people use whip style pole for off roading on sand dunes / hills, but never in place of their radio antenna. 

• Like 2

I am in shock someone who actually understands RF technology! 

I'm an engineer. Not RF, but I know enough about it to be a little ahead of the curve.

Enough that I built my own base antenna from a 1960s spool of telephone wire that can skip all the way to Ohio from Florida on 4 watts of transmit power. Works on the same principle as the Duga array - transmit outward and upward towards the sky, and if conditions are right, it skips across the atmosphere. Little more challenging with so little power though.