Check List - Before you hand dealer the check

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

I'd be more concerned with small items that can be removed, like the extra key fob, owners manual (do they still give you a paper owners manual?) I asked for and received a free bottle of touch-up paint with mine. I have had to use it twice. 

Yup, you still get an owners manual, in a nice ziplock bag. ?

Speaking of little odds and ends, if the truck has the “advanced trailering package” option, it will have 4 trailer tire pressure sensors, often just thrown in the glovebox and nobody at the dealer will know what they are. Well maybe by now, but not when I bought mine. 

Anyway, make sure that you get those (if the option is on the window sticker). At least a couple people got shorted because the people doing the prep probably thought they were just spares?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JR09country said:

Saw it was already posted above, but just make sure

Make sure you get your all weather mats! They come with the LT TB, I had to prove to my dealer they came with them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Do you have a link on where it says those are included?  I could not find on chevrolet.com under build tool.  If there is an issue, I would like to have additional proof.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, aseibel said:

I'd be more concerned with small items that can be removed, like the extra key fob, owners manual (do they still give you a paper owners manual?) I asked for and received a free bottle of touch-up paint with mine. I have had to use it twice. 

Any real issue you discover later will be taken care of under warranty by a decent dealer, but you should definitely make sure everything works that is important to you. I'd really only worry about the physical and mechanical parts since anything technology related will likely be solved with software updates, etc. Expect to get a few of those letters from GM in the mail over the next year.

Yes there is a manual.  No different than previous models.  They also have a shorter smaller version to get you started, for the people who wont go through and learn all the options.  

just got through buying a new GMC Acadia test drove 2 different ones, after getting tags for it dealer called saying all the paperwork was for the wrong vehicle had to go back to DMV and get title back so dealer could correct the paperwork, so make sure the VIN matches the paperwork.

20 hours ago, econometrics said:

You should get the GM all-weather floor mats with the Z71 package on the TB. They are EXCELLENT floor mats, front and back. 

Definitely double check the wheel liners. I ordered them on mine and they were not installed when I arrived. Glad I checked. They are one of the "must have" accessories, IMO. 

Check to make sure they replace the carpeted storage box under the rear seats, too. My dealer did not re-install mine when they installed the Z71 floor mats, so I had to go back and get it later. 

Make sure the tailgate drops with the remote control. Some guys have reported theirs being sticky and not dropping. 

Definitely check over the tires. Some people have reported some wear / scuffs on them that are not normal. (mostly the Trailrunners)

Make sure to get both of your key fobs, too. 

Enjoy the new truck! 

so i looked at 2 crew cab z71 RSTs. One had like a plastic box under the back seats and the one I ended up with just has carpet, but they are def containers, just without a lid. Your'e referring to the later right? Want to make sure i'm not missing my storage box that i figured was just a dealer add on to the other truck.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

so i looked at 2 crew cab z71 RSTs. One had like a plastic box under the back seats and the one I ended up with just has carpet, but they are def containers, just without a lid. Your'e referring to the later right? Want to make sure i'm not missing my storage box that i figured was just a dealer add on to the other truck.

Yeah this would be good to know.  I believe a plastic container is included, but not 100% sure.  

2 hours ago, Belo said:

2 hours ago, lord.kinbote said:

Yeah this would be good to know.  I believe a plastic container is included, but not 100% sure.  

This is the one that comes standard... 

1FBDFE83-874F-4947-B82A-76381A864091.jpeg.e69278046045289bb88fb8ee910eae49.jpeg

The box with the lid is an accessory. 

On 7/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, lord.kinbote said:

Afternoon.  So I am picking up a new 2019 LT Trail Boss when it arrives this week at the dealer. I have the build spec sheet, but anything you guys would check for?  I compiled a list and here is what I plan on checking before handing over the check:

* Check Bed alignment
* 18" 275/­65R18C Mud Terrain Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac®blackwall tires
* 4" BLACK ROUND ASSIST STEPS
* Spare tire
* Scratches | dents
* Floor mats?
* Chevy tech spray-on bed liner
* Rear wheelhouse liners

I am not sure what size spare they include and could not find on my spec sheet.  Also, not sure if it comes with floor mats, as I don't recall them on chevrolet.com's site, unless you added.  Please let me know if I should be on the lookout for anything else.  I am sure some of you have been through this before, so any insight would be appreciated.

6.2L Engine

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lrtexasman said:

Check the roof for transport damage.  Once you take delivery and drive it home you are responsible , although a good dealer should recognize the damage and repair it. 

Agree 100% with this.  Take the time and really check for damage, scratches, blemishes, etc... Stuff happens and once you leave the dealership it's basically your word against theirs if you notice something amiss.  

If you are inclined tell the salesman to NOT have them PDI the truck.  Take a bottle of spray detailer and 3-4 microfiber towels to wipe away dirt/grime without scratching your paint.   Have them leave all plastics on the seats as well.  Was able to do this with my 15 All Terrain and once I arrived at home gave it a 3 bucket wash and applied a couple of coats of wax several days later once paint had cured some.  (Truck was shipped from Silao on Tuesday and I took delivery on Saturday)

My truck has minimal swirls and looks fantastic paint condition wise compared to the overwhelming majority of K2 trucks and 2015 and newer F150's I see out and about.  

Since I park mostly in garage/covered space I use wax.  If your truck is going to spend a good deal of time in the sun put on a sealant.  Meguiar's #21 Synthetic Sealant and Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Synthetic Paste Wax are good options for the money and will provide months of protection.

Good luck with your new truck!

• Thanks 1