Bought Readylift 4" SST and did Warranty research :(

So I wonder what they are telling customers who buy lifted trucks right off the lot - "Sorry, you don't have warranty on your brand new truck?" I see lifted trucks on the lot all the time around here. They take a few brand new units down to the local 4-wheel parts or wherever, give it a lift and big tires and sell on the lot for a hell of a markup. 

I totally misread your post.... my comment was referencing dealer-installed stuff. If the customer installs, then yes I can see why you’d get this response. Sorry for the misdirection.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, Jglew82 said:

So I wonder what they are telling customers who buy lifted trucks right off the lot - "Sorry, you don't have warranty on your brand new truck?" I see lifted trucks on the lot all the time around here. They take a few brand new units down to the local 4-wheel parts or wherever, give it a lift and big tires and sell on the lot for a hell of a markup. 

Exactly what I was thinking I have a dealer right down the street from me that sells a bunch of trucks right off the lot with four or six in lifts and very heavy looking tire wheel combinations and they're brand new so that warranty issue makes no sense at all

3 hours ago, Bigfoot16 said:

What did you decide to go with?  I can't wait to see it since I obviously have not done anything yet.

3” kit, parts should be in early next week, so hopefully I’ll drop it off Wednesday and pick it up Friday, I’ll post pictures when it’s done. I just haven’t figured out tires yet so I’ll be riding on my current tires till I ,are a decision.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Exactly what I was thinking I have a dealer right down the street from me that sells a bunch of trucks right off the lot with four or six in lifts and very heavy looking tire wheel combinations and they're brand new so that warranty issue makes no sense at all

I have seen this too and even my dealer had a couple last year. The thing is most of the time they are from the big lift companies and come with a heavy price tag to boot. Like most here, I also know the lift and tires I'm going to be using will not cause anything catastrophic to happen.  About the only thing I expect is slightly increased wear of the wheel hub bearings and end links.  Most dealerships just don't understand or don't care to understand how lifts really work.  Most have no problem with leveling kits which are worse that well designed lift kits. The lift kits actually correct the angle changes with redesigned upper control arms to keep the right geometry.