Pulling trigger on a 2020 2500HD Silverado

The wife finally decided she wanted a new truck. Has a 2007 2500 HD, had it at dealer to get serviced on Monday and they had a 2020 on lot. As they say the rest is history.:)

IMG_0227.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Booger T said:

The wife finally decided she wanted a new truck. Has a 2007 2500 HD, had it at dealer to get serviced on Monday and they had a 2020 on lot. As they say the rest is history.:)

IMG_0227.jpg

Nice!  I think GM nailed the HD'S  you going gasser or Diesel?

Gasser, guess I'll be a test subject for the new 6.6. Just can't justify a diesel for what we use it for. Be my wife's daily driver. Pull a 5k camper 5-6 hundred miles about half a dozen times a year.

11 minutes ago, bshort said:

Overkill for what you tow, but whatever.  You'll be on here soon complaining about ride quality and gas mileage.  BTW, hideous truck.  Sorry, not sorry.  

While it maybe overkill for what I tow I have had a 2500 around for the past 20 years. As far as gas mileage and ride quality I will not be on here complaining about it as I know what I'm getting. Not going to badmouth GMC too much as they are GM twins but I personally think that they have taken a step back in looks with the RAM look alike grill :P

I am reeeeally interested on your experiences including towing.  Ive got a 7,000lb gvwr camper and would love to hear your experiences with yours.

mainly want to know

MPGs and at what speed/terrain you tow

what RPM is when you tow and at what speeds

parking...isnt the 2020hd longer wider and taller now?

thanks!

23 minutes ago, greatmizzou said:

I am reeeeally interested on your experiences including towing.  Ive got a 7,000lb gvwr camper and would love to hear your experiences with yours.

mainly want to know

thanks!

Congratulations on your new truck!  I wish my wife wanted a truck!!   I totally respect having a 3/4 ton as a daily driver!  The suggestion that this is overkill would be  hypocrisy coming from most of members of this forum.  (me included).  A Smart Car would take care of 98.75% of my automotive needs but I'd love to cruise in a GM5500 converted to a pickup!

3 hours ago, Bikeman said:

How's the get up and go on the 6.6L? I tow an 8k camper w/1500, wish I had a 2500 at times, just didn't want to drive one everyday.

1 hour ago, greatmizzou said:

mainly want to know

thanks!

I'll  let you guys know when I get things to going. Not going to pick it up until first week of August. Wife is leaving for South Dakota next week with camper and don't want to pull it with the new one so going to keep her old one until she gets back. Dealer says not to pull anything heavy for long distance until 500 miles. Next trip after that will be in September.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the 2500 this afternoon. Also a couple of pictures of the 2500 and Trail Boss side by side. Can officially  consider my household truck poor?

IMG_0269 2.jpg

IMG_0266 5.jpg

IMG_0268 1.jpg

• Like 2