Gas tank question?

Hey guys I’m new to the pickup truck world. I’ve had my AT4 for about 3 weeks now and I’m debating some ideas. To begin with I leased the  vehicle and don’t really want to do anything that would jeopardize my warranty.  One thing I have noticed is I would really love a bigger fuel tank,  has anyone considered doing this or tried yet? If so can you please provide me with any information. 

3CFF69F6-6004-41EE-A990-D6AAAA2F9899.jpeg

31A995D8-5A3D-4AED-809D-17EB2111A25A.jpeg

Well, what do you have now? 25/26 gallon?

What would a bigger gas tank do for you?

The bigger tank is usually found on the long bed trucks. I doubt there is room for it even if you wanted to swap.

Are you towing a trailer a long way?

It's a double edged sword. Your premium trucks generally don't have the big tank unless it's a 2500 or 3500.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Titan and Transflow are the big aftermarket manufacturers and then don't make anything for the gasers that will be a bolt in option...  I installed their 59gal in my Dmax and it bolted up and used the OEM pickup , etc.    No option for gas trucks...  They make accessory tanks but you need a way to transfer the fuel...   Diesel can be gravitated in from a bed / tool box tank, but gasoline can't because of fed regs.  (explosive vs combustible)  I was looking to see if I could find a long bed tank and make it work, but its doubtful

Some competitors offer 33-36 gal tanks, about 30-40% more range. GM did not see fit to do so, and for the K2s only offered an upgraded tank on the regular cab 1500s. 
To be fair, the 26 gallon K2 tank most commonly found on 1500s is good for 400 miles or more, if you're cruising without a trailer.

I consider that great, the GMT800 I came from did about 360 on a 25 gallon tank. The GMT400 I had before that was about 320.

A bigger tank means you need a longer bed. They made K2 CCs with the 6'6" bed, that was the longest configuration, which I believe shared a frame with a regular cab long bed. The CC on that frame was stuck with 25 gallons, while the reduced cab got the 34 or whatever it was.

The next frame size was CC/short bed and DC/6'6". Again, only room for a 25 gallon tank.

The tiniest, the RC/6'6" was 25 as well.

I don't think they made a CC/LB combination.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I have a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 6.2L engine with the 6’ 6” bed. Love the truck. I plan on doing a lot of traveling since I have retired. Would love to have a larger fuel tank. Has anyone looked to see if the 36 gallon tank from the 2500 HD would fit on our trucks.