2020 Silverado Trail Boss LT

Afternoon.  Has anyone seen anything definitive in regard to release date for the new 2020's?  Only thing I can find, states Q3 (which we are in).  I am chomping at the bit to obtain a new Trail Boss LT with the 6.2L.  A local dealer has a 2019 TB LT with the 5.3 that I test drove this past weekend - I loved it!  I would get the 2019 TB LT 5.3L now, but I know.. as soon as the 6.2L hits, I will be thinking each and every day - why didn't you wait!

If they would become available to order, that would help alleviate my OCD of checking google every day.  Realistically, from past experiences, would September be a timeframe to expect for them to start showing up on the lots?  Thanks in advance for the insight.

• Like 1

I have been looking all over the internet with this same question. There is NOTHING out there about the release date.  It seems Chevy likes to keep everyone in the dark and release stuff overnight so it "could" be any day... Or it could be at least a few months... I wonder what availability will be like tho... Ive read they have been investing in their plants but that news is recent so who knows if the improvements are operational or when they will be.  With that said I think the 20' TB is worth whatever wait it is going to be.  I've read way too much negative stuff about the GM 8 speed to buy a truck with one.  I just test drove a 19' ram 1500 8 speed and its shifting was AMAZING compared to my 18' 6 speed.  It shifted quick, smooth and at the right times with no slamming...  

Probably the 2nd or 3rd week of August. That's just a wild guess, but it's probably pretty accurate. 

3 minutes ago, cr250Silverado said:

I've read way too much negative stuff about the GM 8 speed to buy a truck with one.  I just test drove a 19' ram 1500 8 speed and its shifting was AMAZING compared to my 18' 6 speed.  It shifted quick, smooth and at the right times with no slamming...  

For as many negative things that you've read, there are at least as many of us having very positive experiences with the GM A8. There are reports out there of some issues with the A10, too, so don't think avoiding the A8 will make all your dreams come true. :)

As for the RAM transmission, there are a lot of reports of harsh shifting issues with that one, too. 

Bottom line, if you look for problems with today's modern trucks, you'll find them every time. 

26 minutes ago, cr250Silverado said:

I have been looking all over the internet with this same question. There is NOTHING out there about the release date.  It seems Chevy likes to keep everyone in the dark and release stuff overnight so it "could" be any day... Or it could be at least a few months... I wonder what availability will be like tho... Ive read they have been investing in their plants but that news is recent so who knows if the improvements are operational or when they will be.  With that said I think the 20' TB is worth whatever wait it is going to be.  I've read way too much negative stuff about the GM 8 speed to buy a truck with one.  I just test drove a 19' ram 1500 8 speed and its shifting was AMAZING compared to my 18' 6 speed.  It shifted quick, smooth and at the right times with no slamming...  

OK, well I am glad I am not the only one.  I am using google search tool to limit it to past 24 hours and all I get is dealer lots :) . I think you are correct about the wait, it will be worth it.  Again, the 5.3L seemed very good, but why have good when you have great with the power of the 6.2L.

It would be pure devastation to buy the 5.3L and then 2 months later you see some guy at the stop light with the 6.2L.  

Edited by lord.kinbote

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Probably the 2nd or 3rd week of August. That's just a wild guess, but it's probably pretty accurate. 

For as many negative things that you've read, there are at least as many of us having very positive experiences with the GM A8. There are reports out there of some issues with the A10, too, so don't think avoiding the A8 will make all your dreams come true. :)

As for the RAM transmission, there are a lot of reports of harsh shifting issues with that one, too. 

Bottom line, if you look for problems with today's modern trucks, you'll find them every time. 

Amen.

My 5.3 8 Speed has been phenomenal. No joke.

Smooth as silk. So fun to drive.

Not just sayin that because shes mine either.

She's hands down the best pickup I've ever driven. 

And, no I haven't driven a Dodge, nor do I want too.

Nothing against Dodge, just very satisfied with my Silverado.

• Like 1

Production starts August 5th

10 speed is nice, it’s nothing crazy though

Shifts are slow for such a modern tranny... it was a fuel savings move not particularly performance in my opinion

Love the 6.2 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, econometrics said:

So you think I would be better off getting an RST with the 5.3 / 8 speed rather than paying $5k+ more for a 2020 SLT with the 5.3 /10 speed? (Or $1k+ more for an Elevation with 20" wheels I don't necessarily want?)

51 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

So you think I would be better off getting an RST with the 5.3 / 8 speed rather than paying $5k+ more for a 2020 SLT with the 5.3 /10 speed? (Or $1k+ more for an Elevation with 20" wheels I don't necessarily want?)

I have no idea what financial preferences you have, but I am very happy with my 5.3L / 8 speed. 

Note, however, that with the SLT package, you're going to get a few more interior options. Most importantly, IMO, ventilated seats. I wish my RST had those. 

6 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I have no idea what financial preferences you have, but I am very happy with my 5.3L / 8 speed. 

Note, however, that with the SLT package, you're going to get a few more interior options. Most importantly, IMO, ventilated seats. I wish my RST had those. 

I don't really need or want all the options in the SLT. I'm just scared of the 8 speed and want 18" wheels for a relatively smoother ride. I can't remember if it was you or someone else who said there have been some problems with the 10 speed too but if it's been discussed on this forum, I missed it. 

2 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I don't really need or want all the options in the SLT. I'm just scared of the 8 speed and want 18" wheels for a relatively smoother ride. I can't remember if it was you or someone else who said there have been some problems with the 10 speed too but if it's been discussed on this forum, I missed it. 

Yeah, there have been a few 10 speed owners on here who have said they also have had some hard shifts. The 8 speed takes a lot of bashing on here, but I personally believe it's an outsized amount of feedback. There are MANY of us on here who have had great experiences with our 8 speeds, myself included. 

Sure, the first 1000 miles had a few harsh shifts, but it really has smoothed out a ton. I love the way it shifts now. Very smooth and very good shift points along the speed curve. 

I would imagine the 10 speed paired with the 5.3L DFM engine would get slightly better MPG, but GM hasn't released that info yet. 

• Thanks 1

Also very happy with my 5.3/8 speed TB. Have 800 miles on the truck and have had no hard shifts at all. The truck is smooth and plenty fast and I have no complaints. I’ve driven the 6.2 and don’t think the “real world” price difference of 10-15 is worth it. You can get 19s for up to 20% off right now and it probably won’t be until this time next year you’ll get similar discounts in the 2020s.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 4:02 PM, cr250Silverado said:

I was also frustrated with my 8 speed 2019 at first, but after roughly 1000 miles on it...the truck felt like it broke in. The shifts were smooth, responsive and overall felt like a tighter truck. I vaguely remember the same with my 2009 car back in the day. 

• Thanks 1