2019 Sierra AT4 - w/ 20" 's Height

I am looking to upgrade my 2014 All Terrain to a new AT4, however I have one major potential problem....my garage door height

GMC website lists the total height of the truck at 78.2" however that doesn't take into consideration the different wheel and tire packages offered on the AT4.

Is there anyone with the 20" wheels that can provide the height of the truck to the tallest point on the roof???

Thanks

I have the 20's I'd say 78.2 is accurate. I got in my garage at work that has an 80" clearance with about an inch ½ to spare.

The height is the same regardless of the wheels because the overall diameter of the tires is very close to the same from the factory...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I have the AT4 with 20's. The height to get into my underground parking is 6'8" (81.6) and I have maybe 1" of clearance so I am guessing I am rocking 80.4.

Also depends on the tires you put on the rim, my sidewall is a little larger than most 20" tires.

9 minutes ago, Taz56 said:

I have the AT4 with 20's. The height to get into my underground parking is 6'8" (81.6) and I have maybe 1" of clearance so I am guessing I am rocking 80.4.

Also depends on the tires you put on the rim, my sidewall is a little larger than most 20" tires.

wow...that's cutting it pretty thin.  Is 6'8" the absolute lowest ?  I know sometimes there are sprinkler heads and conduits, and other things that could get in the way.  I'd hate to drive under something and put a gouge on my new truck. ?

6 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

wow...that's cutting it pretty thin.  Is 6'8" the absolute lowest ?  I know sometimes there are sprinkler heads and conduits, and other things that could get in the way.  I'd hate to drive under something and put a gouge on my new truck. ?

All depends on where you park. In my parking spot I am on the very first level and it is a receiving bay on the right and parking on the left so everything is rather tall. If you go down one level it is not as forgiving. Every parking location will be different. 

6 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

Good stuff.  I see Mother Nature's not treating you folks to nicely.  Would love to come out that way someday,  gorgeous scenery ....

Come on down..... 30 min to the mountains, ski resorts, Banff is 45 min away. It is beautiful this time of year.

AT4 with 20” rims comes with 33” tires, same truck with 18” rims (the ones with duratracs) run 32” tires.

So the trucks with the 18” rims are about half an inch shorter than the trucks with 20’s. It’s bizarre but true.

another fun fact. The spare is 31” OD Making it nearly useless. Not sure what kind of engineers GM hires, probably the ones with accounting degrees.

That is a pretty big difference imo.